"My Mom Works For GE" Commercial

Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: AMTK84, MEC407

"My Mom Works For GE" Commercial

Postby mtuandrew » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:16 pm

If you watch the Winter Olympics, you'll probably see the "My mom" commercial from General Electric that talks about their turbofans, their medical equipment, and so forth. Kinda cool animation, and they include a GEVO that (apparently) loves trees... but someone forgot to tell the ad agency that the ES44AC doesn't come with an air chime whistle :wink:
mtuandrew

Re: "My Mom Works For GE" Commercial

Postby MEC407 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:22 am

Yes, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the commercial. :-D Thought it was weird to see an ES44AC that sounded like a steamer. On the other hand, the concept of the commercial is that it's based on a child's imagination, so that probably has something to do with the seemingly odd choice of sound effects.

Here's a link to view the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
MEC407
Moderator:
Pan Am Railways — Boston & Maine/Maine Central — Delaware & Hudson
Central Maine & Quebec/Montreal, Maine & Atlantic/Bangor & Aroostook
Providence & Worcester — New England — GE Locomotives
MEC407

Re: "My Mom Works For GE" Commercial

Postby GOLDEN-ARM » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:21 pm

hate to break the (late) news to you guys, but her "dad" was doing the same crap, long before her "mom" was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCSqz83cxOA

i'm guessing her parents are really unemployed, and offered the kid up, for some rent money. :P
GOLDEN-ARM

Location: " SunRail CFRC 100, North at Church Street Station"

Return to General Electric