BN GP50's

Discussion relating to the BN, and its predecessors GN, NP, CB&Q, SP&S, SL-SF, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.

BN GP50's

Postby ItaliDe » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

I just recently got into BN... i think the GP50's paint scheme is awesome!!! So much better than the standard BN paint scheme. i'd like to get a few in HO scale. Aside from the Athearn one, does anyone else make a BN Geep50? or is anyone good at custom painting this paint scheme?
ItaliDe

Re: BN GP50's

Postby Engineer Spike » Tue May 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I believe that Athearn is the only model manufacturer of the GP50, beside a possible brass run. Some years ago, Model Railroader had an article about building one of the units with the extended cabs. These were an experiment in having a full crew in the cab, so the caboose could be eliminated.
"Welcome all ye who enter; the show that never ends. Tingfield Sperminal Railway." (Graffiti on the entry to Mohawk Yard Office)
Engineer Spike

Re: BN GP50's

Postby Engineer Spike » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

MR had an article about kit bashing the extended cab. They cut back the nose, then joined parts of two cabs together.
"Welcome all ye who enter; the show that never ends. Tingfield Sperminal Railway." (Graffiti on the entry to Mohawk Yard Office)
Engineer Spike

Return to Burlington Northern, GN, NP, CB&Q, SP&S, SL-SF