Mystic Terminal Company

Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

Mystic Terminal Company

Postby Rabbit05 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone might know if the MTC was owned by the B&M, or if if the B&M just serviced them .

I have a set of decals here for B&M freight cars, and it has MTC included in the set. I was going to freelance a couple of outside braced wooded boxcars. But now my curiosity has gotten the best of me, and I can't seem to find any info regarding this.

Any help would be appriciated !! :-D

-John
Rabbit05

Postby Engineer Spike » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:55 pm

Yes, B&M did own Mystic Terminal. It was their terminal for ocean going shipments.
Engineer Spike

Re: Mystic Terminal Company

Postby alphonso p quagmire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:49 pm

I know your post is old and you probably have already completed your models, but I stumbled across your post while I was researching a photo I found of a boxcar with MTC reporting marks. In case you still need it, here is the link to it.

http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/bost ... -mtc-70110

Hope it helps.

A J
alphonso p quagmire

Re: Mystic Terminal Company

Postby B&M 1227 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:16 pm

heh, i really dig that "at home on boston & maine"
Did we ever hear a music sweeter than the one that thrills, as it floats along the Deerfield, as it echoes o'er the hills.
How we watch that little engine as it stalks across the plain; was there ever music sweeter, was there ever sight completer, than the coming of the train?
-E. A. Fitch
B&M 1227

Return to Boston & Maine/Maine Central