Palm Beach to Port of Miami

Discussion about Florida commuter rail operations including Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority in southern Florida. All Aboard Florida (Brightline) is discussed here: Florida East Coast Railway).

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

Palm Beach to Port of Miami

Postby livesteamer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 am

Okay folks,

During the winter, I asked about transfer from Palm Beach International to Miami International. Plans have changed somewhat and I will be staying in hotel near the American Airlines Arena/Bayshore Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Looks like I can take TriRail to Miami and transfer to Metrorail and then transfer to a free transit shuttle system that seems to circle the downtown area.

Am I on the right track? And, is the fare on weekends only a couple of bucks as their website indicates?
Marty Harrison
MP 208.1 on the UP's Sedalia Sub
livesteamer

Re: Palm Beach to Port of Miami

Postby Noel Weaver » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 pm

livesteamer wrote:Okay folks,

During the winter, I asked about transfer from Palm Beach International to Miami International. Plans have changed somewhat and I will be staying in hotel near the American Airlines Arena/Bayshore Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Looks like I can take TriRail to Miami and transfer to Metrorail and then transfer to a free transit shuttle system that seems to circle the downtown area.

Am I on the right track? And, is the fare on weekends only a couple of bucks as their website indicates?

You are on the right track but the Tri-Rail fare on weekends for non seniors is $4.00 and $2.00 for seniors etc.
Service is generally every two hours in each direction on weekends.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Postby livesteamer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks for the response
Marty Harrison
livesteamer

Postby livesteamer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Okay folks,

I am only a couple of weeks from heading to Palm Beach---any changes I need to be concerned about--is there a fall schedule ready for publication --can I expect the weekend schedule to be what I see on the Tri-Rail website? Thanks
Marty Harrison
livesteamer

Postby livesteamer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:11 am

Finally made it to Florida for our trip and I found Tri-Rail/MetroRail system to be an acceptable means of transfering to the Port of Miami from West Palm Beach airport. By flying into West Palm Beach from Kansas City, I saved more than $450/ticket. The $4.00 fare and relative ease of the transfer from West Palm Beach Airport to the TriRail station on Palm Tran worked well. If there is a down side to the process--just not enough weekend service. We managed to miss the southbound and northbound trains by 15 minutes causing an hour and 45 minute wait. And, on Saturday I did not see a single CSX train on the move. In fact, the only other traffic on the line was the opposite direction TriRail.
Marty Harrison
livesteamer

Return to Florida Commuter Rail including Metrorail, Sunrail, Tri-Rail and Proposals