Athearn Announced Tri-Rail models

Discussion about Florida commuter rail operations including Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority in southern Florida. All Aboard Florida (Brightline) is discussed here: Florida East Coast Railway).

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

Re: Athearn Announced Tri-Rail models

Postby JerseyShore16 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Kaback9 wrote:Great Video! I really like what you have done with the cab car, I hope my NJT MLs come out that great, once I start that project.

Did you happen to start this I actually have a ton of ML Bombardier cars and was planning to get someone to custom paint the NJT scheme on them
JerseyShore16

Postby Kaback9 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 pm

JerseyShore16 wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:Great Video! I really like what you have done with the cab car, I hope my NJT MLs come out that great, once I start that project.

Did you happen to start this I actually have a ton of ML Bombardier cars and was planning to get someone to custom paint the NJT scheme on them

Not yet..still working on some Conrail soon to be NS SD60's. Someone over in the NJT modeling thread may have though.
Brandon Kaback
Moderator:NJT Rail
Kaback9

Postby dmk092 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Untrue, all of the f40s wore the early scheme:

http://www.jaysmarine.com/TRCX_811_6car2.jpg
Insert Witty Comment Here
dmk092

Postby Kurt-Trirail » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:17 am

dmk092 wrote:Untrue, all of the f40s wore the early scheme:

I'm not sure who's post you are referencing (EDIT: I see you are referencing my post). Allow me to explain:

All of TRCX F40's - each of the three classes they have; F40PHL-2, F40PH-2C, and the ex-Amtrak F40PH's - have worn the "tri-stripe" scheme (not to mention that they still do - with exception to #805 + 807-809). However, the F40PHL-2's - exclusively - wore the silver chassis w/o a weed plow. The F40PH-2C's and the ex-Amtrak F40's came from MK and Beech Grove (respectively) with black chassis, and never wore silver.

The GP49H-3's were repainted directly from their Norfolk Southern scheme into the current "wave" scheme.

The ex-GO units #703 and #904 never saw Tri-Rail service in any other color other than the GO scheme w/Tri-Rail lettering and logos. #904 remains in this scheme, #703 was repainted for the Aberdeen, Carolina & Western (but wore its original scheme in AC&W service).

-Kurt
Kurt-Trirail

Previous

Return to Florida Commuter Rail including Metrorail, Sunrail, Tri-Rail and Proposals