Wave Streetcar (Fort Lauderdale)

Discussion about Florida commuter rail operations including Miami/Dade Metrorail, Sunrail (Orlando), and Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority in southern Florida. All Aboard Florida (Brightline) is discussed here: Florida East Coast Railway).

Moderator: Kurt-Trirail

Wave Streetcar (Fort Lauderdale)

Postby Jeff Smith » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Found this project mentioned in an article about All Aboard Florida's Fort Lauderdale station. Although it doesn't seem to be any recent news, I thought I'd park a topic here.

[url=http://wavestreetcar.com/about_the_project[/url]

In early 2014 it was announced that the Wave Streetcar project was recommended for $50 million in Small Starts grant funding in the Fiscal Year 2015 United States Department of Transportation budget, providing additional funding required to design and construct the project. A consultant is being procured for the Final Design of the project which will be completed during 2014-2015. Technical specifications are being developed for the procurement of the streetcar vehicles with a goal of receiving delivery of the vehicles in 2017.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Re: Wave Streetcar (Fort Lauderdale)

Postby Noel Weaver » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:09 pm

As we get close to election time the locals will start talking this one up but as soon as elections are over with the subject will be dead until the next local elections. It has been that way ever since I have lived here 17 years now.
Noel Weaver
Noel Weaver

Return to Florida Commuter Rail including Metrorail, Sunrail, Tri-Rail and Proposals