Train in Bird in Hand

Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

Train in Bird in Hand

Postby Pcc rules » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm

While on vacation in Bird in Hand Pa there were some commuter trains running behind the inn. Since I am not from the area can someone tell me what line these trains are
Pcc rules

Re: Train in Bird in Hand

Postby MichaelBug » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am

Most likely you would have seen an Amtrak Keystone Service train. SEPTA doesn't operate revenue service west of Thorndale.
MichaelBug

Postby JeffK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:31 am

Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?
Requiem for it's/its, your/you're, than/then, less/fewer. They were once such nice words with such different meanings...
JeffK

Postby ekt8750 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:51 pm

JeffK wrote:Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?

They only have to qualify out to Parkesburg now. Back in the days of service to Parkesburg, they had to qualify as far out as Lancaster (in fact there was a run in the midday that required that train to deadhead to Lancaster to turn back due to scheduling).
ekt8750

Postby khecht » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 am

While I suppose it’s possible SEPTA could stretch the legs of the new ACS-64s on test runs that far west, I don’t think I’ve seen any reports of the first of the fleet in testing or engineer training on the rails yet.
khecht

Postby CNJGeep » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 am

ekt8750 wrote:
JeffK wrote:Another possibility - does SEPTA still deadhead beyond Thorndale?

They only have to qualify out to Parkesburg now. Back in the days of service to Parkesburg, they had to qualify as far out as Lancaster (in fact there was a run in the midday that required that train to deadhead to Lancaster to turn back due to scheduling).

Crews must be qualified as far west as CALN, just west of Thorndale.
"I'll keep moving through the dark, with you in my heart, my blood brother." RIP D.C.
CNJGeep

Return to SEPTA (and PATCO)