SEPTA and PTC (ACSES)

Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

Re: SEPTA and PTC (ACSES)

Postby SCB2525 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:08 pm

I don't think ACSES is designed to work in DCS territory; only some freight systems. ACSES is an ATC overlay. I'm sure there's some way to cobble the capability in for stations, but I doubt it was intended to be designed as such.
SCB2525

Postby Limited-Clear » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:51 pm

PTC does not need ATC in order to work, they are two standalone systems
The managers in their ivory tower know more and more about less and less, and end up knowing everything about *&$% all
Limited-Clear

Postby South Jersey Budd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:59 pm

Most tracks go to a "no code" after leaving the main track. The cab signals show "restricting", since there is no code, enforcing a maximum train speed of 20mph. (The train can get up to 23mph before the overspeed kicks in and applies a penalty application)

Adding a transponder at the proper location, programmed for 5mph, will cause the ACSES to take over from the cab signal and enforce the ACSES speed of 5mph.

I believe this is SEPTA's response to the Hoboken incident.
South Jersey Budd

Previous

Return to SEPTA (and PATCO)