AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby amtrakhogger » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:59 am

silverliner266 wrote:Has anyone referred to SEPTA's feet as "the brave little toasters" yet? If they haven't I think we should get that started.


How about "beat" little toasters?
"I will stop at St. Avold."
User avatar
amtrakhogger
 
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:16 am
Location: "F" on the Camden and Amboy

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby silverliner266 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 am

amtrakhogger wrote:
silverliner266 wrote:Has anyone referred to SEPTA's feet as "the brave little toasters" yet? If they haven't I think we should get that started.


How about "beat" little toasters?


While it's more accurate it loses it's obscure reference to one of my favorite movies as a child https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brave_Little_Toaster
Philadelphia "America's Next Great City."
silverliner266
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Philadelphia PA

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby South Jersey Budd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am

2308 died on 6325 yesterday at Langhorne. Diesel 52 rescued and towed it to Frazer for repairs.
South Jersey Budd
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby mcgrath618 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:18 am

This is semi related, what is the status of the Comet I cars? Last I saw they were in storage at Overbrook but I haven't seen them in ages.
mcgrath618
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby silverliner266 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 am

I've seen them recently which makes me think they are now in storage behind the Wayne Junction shops.
Philadelphia "America's Next Great City."
silverliner266
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Philadelphia PA

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby mcgrath618 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

silverliner266 wrote:I've seen them recently which makes me think they are now in storage behind the Wayne Junction shops.

Are they ever going to be used again? They would honestly come in handy right about now.
mcgrath618
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby Backshophoss » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

The Comet cars trucks were used as shop trucks for the SL-V truck nightmare,so,those cars are now useless. :(
Backshophoss
 
Posts: 4574
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby rslitman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 pm

South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 died on 6325 yesterday at Langhorne. Diesel 52 rescued and towed it to Frazer for repairs.


If it's needed to be out of service all week, that may explain why the West Trenton line only had one push pull this week, instead of the customary two they've had for the past several months. I figured this was due to a redistribution after the recent schedule change.
Soon you will need to be in your 60s in order to remember the 60s.
rslitman
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: On the West Trenton line

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby CNJGeep » Mon May 01, 2017 10:01 am

rslitman wrote:
South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 died on 6325 yesterday at Langhorne. Diesel 52 rescued and towed it to Frazer for repairs.


If it's needed to be out of service all week, that may explain why the West Trenton line only had one push pull this week, instead of the customary two they've had for the past several months. I figured this was due to a redistribution after the recent schedule change.

As least for last week, Train 9547 has run with Push-Pull equipment, and Train 6321 has run with MUs.
2308 is back in service, or at least was on Friday.
"Nobody wins unless everybody wins."
CNJGeep
 
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: A Small Onion

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby South Jersey Budd » Thu May 04, 2017 9:12 pm

2308 went to West Trenton tonight. The other express was MU equipment.
South Jersey Budd
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby silverliner266 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Does the 5:05 Paoli Express usually operate PP? We have 2303 right now.
Philadelphia "America's Next Great City."
silverliner266
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Philadelphia PA

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby scotty269 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 pm

2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.
scotty269
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby khecht » Sat May 20, 2017 12:05 pm

scotty269 wrote:2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.

Has SEPTA started boarding peak trains on 0? I don't think I've boarded a push pull on that track in maybe 10 years, and that was a day when there was an early snowstorm commute.
khecht
 
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Philly Area

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby ekt8750 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:49 pm

khecht wrote:
scotty269 wrote:2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.

Has SEPTA started boarding peak trains on 0? I don't think I've boarded a push pull on that track in maybe 10 years, and that was a day when there was an early snowstorm commute.


Cynwyd trains originate and end on 0.
ekt8750
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:30 pm

Re: AEM-7/ALP-44 status

Postby Limited-Clear » Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Cynwyds use track 5 at Suburban, when the Vs went down a Peak Trenton was starting on the 0, these days it is if a train gets protected out of Suburban for points south, and that's only if there isn't anything available on 5,6 or 7
The managers in their ivory tower know more and more about less and less, and end up knowing everything about *&$% all
Limited-Clear
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to SEPTA (and PATCO)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests