MOM Rail Service

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: Tadman, nick11a, ACeInTheHole, Kaback9

Post Reply
User avatar
R&DB
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm
Location: Sou.Sec. MP 53.5

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by R&DB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:42 am

There is an error in the Wiki entry. In the Red Bank alignment description the station listed as Howell Route 23 should be Route 33/34.
Harry

trainster78
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Red Bank

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by trainster78 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:18 pm

They have been working around on the signals in Red Bank recently, and NJT pickups have been running along the Southern Secondary recently as well. Any coincidence?

ApproachMedium
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: From here to There

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by ApproachMedium » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Probably not. They are working on adding PTC to the coast line and since NJ transit is responsible for signaling to an extent on the southern, then they will be around. They also are planning to do 562 on the coast line.
No good deed goes unpunished.

OportRailfan
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: MP29.7
Contact:

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by OportRailfan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:02 pm

ApproachMedium wrote:Probably not. They are working on adding PTC to the coast line and since NJ transit is responsible for signaling to an extent on the southern, then they will be around. They also are planning to do 562 on the coast line.
562 on the Coast Line, eh?
Dock & Q: Last of a dying breed

rr503
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: North by Northwest

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by rr503 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Enlighten the signally illeterate -- what is the significance/are the benefits (if any) of (NORAC, I assume) 562?

ApproachMedium
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: From here to There

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by ApproachMedium » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 pm

They dont need to maintain automatic signals, and flexable signal braking distances/speeds can be done with advanced hardware.
No good deed goes unpunished.

OportRailfan
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: MP29.7
Contact:

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by OportRailfan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:04 pm

rr503 wrote:Enlighten the signally illeterate -- what is the significance/are the benefits (if any) of (NORAC, I assume) 562?
Yes NORAC rule 562. All cab signals, no waysides except home signals at interlockings, and the ability to display the "C" light, Rule 280A - Clear to Next Interlocking for Trains with their cabs cut out. No wayside automatic signals to maintain, and typically the blocks get smaller to allow higher-density signalling (more trains, in the same amount of track)
Dock & Q: Last of a dying breed

rr503
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm
Location: North by Northwest

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by rr503 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Ah wow! Thanks for the info. So if I'm understanding correctly, this'll be something akin to what MNR runs?

Does any other NJT line have this feature?

OportRailfan
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: MP29.7
Contact:

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by OportRailfan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 am

rr503 wrote:Ah wow! Thanks for the info. So if I'm understanding correctly, this'll be something akin to what MNR runs?

Does any other NJT line have this feature?
The NEC line between County and Ham, and Rea and "A" interlockings. Don't know of any NJT owned lines that are already 562'ed.
Dock & Q: Last of a dying breed

ApproachMedium
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: From here to There

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by ApproachMedium » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:52 am

OportRailfan wrote:
rr503 wrote:Ah wow! Thanks for the info. So if I'm understanding correctly, this'll be something akin to what MNR runs?

Does any other NJT line have this feature?
The NEC line between County and Ham, and Rea and "A" interlockings. Don't know of any NJT owned lines that are already 562'ed.
Hello, the entire Passcack valley line. A bunch of the M&E has been done now to but not all of it. The Southern Tier is being cut over.
No good deed goes unpunished.

OportRailfan
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: MP29.7
Contact:

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by OportRailfan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:09 pm

ApproachMedium wrote:
OportRailfan wrote:
rr503 wrote:Ah wow! Thanks for the info. So if I'm understanding correctly, this'll be something akin to what MNR runs?

Does any other NJT line have this feature?
The NEC line between County and Ham, and Rea and "A" interlockings. Don't know of any NJT owned lines that are already 562'ed.
Hello, the entire Passcack valley line. A bunch of the M&E has been done now to but not all of it. The Southern Tier is being cut over.
The pascack valley line had all the US&S shit ripped out.
Dock & Q: Last of a dying breed

ApproachMedium
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: From here to There

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by ApproachMedium » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:52 pm

They have 562 is what i am referring to. they didnt rip that out
No good deed goes unpunished.

OportRailfan
Posts: 1825
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: MP29.7
Contact:

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by OportRailfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:29 am

ApproachMedium wrote:They have 562 is what i am referring to. they didnt rip that out
I'm referring to the US&S PTC ASES stuff that they ripped out.
Dock & Q: Last of a dying breed

ApproachMedium
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: From here to There

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by ApproachMedium » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:55 am

that was not part of the subject at all. We were talking about NJT lines that were 562
No good deed goes unpunished.

braves
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: MOM Rail Service

Post by braves » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:34 pm

I wonder if the new Executive Director will get this study started up again?

Post Reply

Return to “New Jersey Transit NJT Rail and Light Rail LRT”