Hartford Line CtDOT New Haven-Springfield - NHHS

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, Jeff Smith

Re: Hartford Line CtDOT New Haven-Springfield - NHHS

Postby Jeff Smith » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 am

I think they're just referring to the SLE service west of New Haven. If Hartford Line ever extended west past NH, then it would be MNRR crews as with SLE.
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby lordsigma12345 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm

I reported a discrepancy to the Hartford Line webmasters that the PDF schedule showed an additional train that the Web schedule did not - proposed Amtrak southbound 451. It appears the PDF was right and they corrected the website. Glad to see that as I think a Shuttle running even earlier than the existing 141 train and connecting to Acela 2151 would be a great addition - would give New Haven - Springfield line riders the ability to get to New York before 9 and DC before noon. Would also allow commuters - provided the joint ticketing comes to fruition - to catch the 6:48AM Metro North.
lordsigma12345

Postby CRail » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:CDOT's never going to touch the MBTA's dispersals.

NETransit Roster wrote:Inactive MBB cars (18 Control Trailer Coaches, 19 Blind Trailer Coaches):
At Seaview-prepare for lease to ConnDOT:
(12 500s and 4 1500s may be leased long-term to ConnDOT)

I happen to know that the source of this site has more reliable information than you do. So I think it's time the know-it-all act be squelched.
Moderator: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
Avatar:3679A (since wrecked)/3623B (now in service as 3636B).
CRail

Postby nomis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Mod Note: “Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” - Poe.

I have seen this in my office as well, so once the cars start moving or something is released publicly about it. They'll have a good home once they come back being pulled by Sprinters.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.
nomis

Postby DutchRailnut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 pm

CRail wrote:
F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:CDOT's never going to touch the MBTA's dispersals.

NETransit Roster wrote:Inactive MBB cars (18 Control Trailer Coaches, 19 Blind Trailer Coaches):
At Seaview-prepare for lease to ConnDOT:
(12 500s and 4 1500s may be leased long-term to ConnDOT)

I happen to know that the source of this site has more reliable information than you do. So I think it's time the know-it-all act be squelched.

just to get clear that stuff is junk unless it gets totally overhauled , and nothing in ConnDot budget hints at such.
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer
DutchRailnut

Postby MNCRR9000 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 am

The long-awaited $769 million New Haven-Hartford-Springfield commuter rail line remains on track to start up in May, but the huge project still doesn’t have enough funding for completion and is facing new financing problems.

Projects to finish the new Hartford Line, including planned stations in North Haven, West Hartford, Newington and Enfield have been put on hold by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s administration because of the state’s major transportation financing crisis.

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol- ... story.html
MNCRR9000

Postby daybeers » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:42 am

Hey all! I'm a frequent rider of the Northeast Regional and the Shuttles, and I'm a bit confused on the length of the Springfield Line. Under its FAQ section, the NHHS Rail website says it's 62 miles, as does the Amtrak timetables. However, Amtrak's FY16 National Fact Sheet (https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/projects/dotcom/english/public/documents/corporate/nationalfactsheets/National-Fact-Sheet-FY2016-0717.pdf) says it's only 60.5 miles. Don't pay attention to the Wikipedia article on it, because I'm the one who changed it from 62 to 60.5 because I thought it was incorrect! :-D
daybeers

Postby bdawe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 am

How many miles between New Haven station and the NEC-Hartford Line junction?
B. Dawe's map of routes and urban populations https://brendandawe.carto.com/viz/80b9d ... /embed_map NOW updated with 2016 Canadian Populations
bdawe

Postby daybeers » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:13 am

bdawe wrote:How many miles between New Haven station and the NEC-Hartford Line junction?

Ah, that's probably it! Doing a very rough calculation using the 'measure distance' feature on Google Maps, I got about 2 miles, so 1.5 is probably correct. Does that mean the portion which Amtrak owns is technically only 60.5 miles? I feel like I still shouldn't change the Wikipedia article to reflect that because the line travels 62 miles. Maybe if it talks about Amtrak-owned, I could say it owns 60.5 of the 62 miles?
daybeers

Postby GirlOnTheTrain » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 am

If it's beyond CP274, Amtrak owns it, but the actual Springfield line itself is probably only 60 miles.
"I am no longer just a girl on the train, going back and forth without point or purpose."

Moderator: Amtrak, MTA Metro-North, MTA New York City Subway/PATH/NYC Area Light Rail
GirlOnTheTrain

Postby lordsigma12345 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 am

Saw what I'm guessing is a training run coming into Springfield this morning. It appeared to be using a Shoreline East train set as the loco had the NH color scheme and the cars had the "Connecticut Department of Transportation".
lordsigma12345

Postby ebtmikado » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:40 pm

Shore Line East is 3 words.
ebtmikado

Postby DutchRailnut » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:16 pm

so is Bus service again. :-)
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer
DutchRailnut

Postby lordsigma12345 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:30 pm

I stand corrected on the three words. Here is the train parked at Springfield. Am I correct that this is a Shore Line East train?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7so8r18nhgo0p5p/picture.jpg
lordsigma12345

Postby ebtmikado » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:06 pm

It most certainly is!
Lee 4th
ebtmikado

PreviousNext

Return to MTA Metro-North Railroad and CtDOT Passenger Rail