Delays & Service Disruptions Tracker

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, Jeff Smith

Bustitution

Postby Jeff Smith » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:08 am

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/serviceupd ... ?story=951

Substitute Busing in Effect Between Southeast & Wassaic Friday, January 15
Substitute bus service will be provided between Southeast and Wassaic Friday, January 15, starting with the 7:53 AM train from Grand Central Terminal (to Wassaic) and ending with the 2:18 PM train departing Wassaic (to New York).

This change accommodates track work on the Wassaic branch.
Attachments
WassaicIT.pdf
Bustitution Schedule
(78.62 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Next stop, Willoughby
~Jeff Smith (fka "Sarge") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Re: Delays & Service Disruptions Tracker

Postby Jeff Smith » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:21 am

Looks like a crap-out in Derby: http://www.mta.info/status/MetroNorth/W ... y/24224600

Substitute Bus Service will be provided on the Waterbury Branch for the 8:23 AM train departing Derby making all stops to Waterbury as well as the 9:12 AM train departing Waterbury making all stops to Bridgeport due to Mechanical difficulties. Bus service is operating approximately 60 - 90 minutes late. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Note "departing Derby". Assuming the train gets towed, I would assume a trip on the New Haven leg of the Devon wye to New Haven.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Smith » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:55 am

No news news: Snowmaggedon '16 1.0 EOH service shows regular Saturday schedule and good service. WOH is suspended because NJT is run by little girls. :wink:
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby DutchRailnut » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:01 am

lot more snow south of river.
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer
DutchRailnut

Postby Jeff Smith » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:09 am

LIRR has systemwide delays; I think it's more a coastal storm. Since Hoboken is nominally coastal, I suppose they're being prudent.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Smith » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 am

Ooh, this doesn't happen too often. Why? Cuz Cob, that's why.

http://www.mta.info/status/MetroNorth/W ... y/24230411

Now, Waterbury is delayed, but splain to me Lucy why the rest of the line isn't delayed?

Waterbury Line Customers
Delays Posted: 01/26/2016 11:08AM

Waterbury Branch Northbound customers are currently experiencing delays of 20 to 25 minutes due to a late connection and congestion caused by an earlier scheduled bridge opening in the vicinity of Cos Cob. Please listen for announcements at your station.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Smith » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:54 pm

I didn't see any news, but someone posted in the FB group that the bridge may have had a problem closing? Cos Cob, that is. But I could not verify that report.

New report: Danbury Bustitution

http://www.mta.info/status/MetroNorth/Danbury/24230691

Danbury Branch: Substitute Bus Service will be provided for the 2:23PM train departing Merritt 7 making all stops to Danbury due to police activity in the vicinity of Merritt 7 . Bus service is operating approximately 70 to 80 minutes late. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Emphasis is mine. This is what happens when you let police drive the trains!

http://norwalk.dailyvoice.com/news/buse ... ch/620881/

Buses Running On Metro-North's Danbury Branch

A bus is running in place of the 3:17 p.m. train from Danbury to South Norwalk due to police activity in the vicinity of Merritt 7, Metro-North said.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Railroader » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Jeff Smith wrote:I didn't see any news, but someone posted in the FB group that the bridge may have had a problem closing? Cos Cob, that is. But I could not verify that report.

New report: Danbury Bustitution

http://www.mta.info/status/MetroNorth/Danbury/24230691

Danbury Branch: Substitute Bus Service will be provided for the 2:23PM train departing Merritt 7 making all stops to Danbury due to police activity in the vicinity of Merritt 7 . Bus service is operating approximately 70 to 80 minutes late. Please listen for announcements at your station.

Emphasis is mine. This is what happens when you let police drive the trains!

http://norwalk.dailyvoice.com/news/buse ... ch/620881/

Buses Running On Metro-North's Danbury Branch

A bus is running in place of the 3:17 p.m. train from Danbury to South Norwalk due to police activity in the vicinity of Merritt 7, Metro-North said.

Northbound stuck a car in Norwalk at Private Boat crossing. All is clear and service is back to normal as of 1838/ 1881
Railroader

Postby Jeff Smith » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:00 am

Wassaic Bustitution: http://web.mta.info/supplemental/mnr/PDF/Wassaic2.pdf

I love it when they create substitute schedules! (yes, I'm a dork - that's why I'm the COO)

What’s happening:
Substitute bus service will be provided between Southeast and Wassaic Monday, February 1st through 4th starting with the 7:53 AM train from Grand Central Terminal (to Wassaic) and ending with the 2:18 PM train departing Wassaic (to NewYork).

Why service is being changed:
To accommodate track work on the Wassaic branch. Thank you for your cooperation.

WEEKDAYS
Effective Mon., Feb 1-Thur, Feb 4, 2016
Attachments
Wassaic2.pdf
Wassaic2
(79.72 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Ridgefielder » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Walked into GCT at 6:45 tonight to find a few thousand commuters standing on the concourse and exactly one train-- a Poughkeepsie express-- with a track posted. Eventually boarded a NWP local from track 42-- they brought it around the loop-- making all stops. Monitors said "police activity at Botanical Gardens," heard it was a suicide but if that's true or not I don't know. Quite a way to start the week.
Ridgefielder

Postby joetrain59 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:36 am

Later I heard there was a delay on Danbury branch in Bethel. A vehicle stopped on the tracks. No other info from News-Times site.
Joe D
joetrain59

Postby DutchRailnut » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am

Ridgefielder wrote:Walked into GCT at 6:45 tonight to find a few thousand commuters standing on the concourse and exactly one train-- a Poughkeepsie express-- with a track posted. Eventually boarded a NWP local from track 42-- they brought it around the loop-- making all stops. Monitors said "police activity at Botanical Gardens," heard it was a suicide but if that's true or not I don't know. Quite a way to start the week.

yes second teenager from Fordham prep to commit suicide in two weeks.
If Conductors are in charge, why are they promoted to be Engineer???

Retired Triebfahrzeugführer
DutchRailnut

Postby Ridgefielder » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:22 am

DutchRailnut wrote:
Ridgefielder wrote:Walked into GCT at 6:45 tonight to find a few thousand commuters standing on the concourse and exactly one train-- a Poughkeepsie express-- with a track posted. Eventually boarded a NWP local from track 42-- they brought it around the loop-- making all stops. Monitors said "police activity at Botanical Gardens," heard it was a suicide but if that's true or not I don't know. Quite a way to start the week.

yes second teenager from Fordham prep to commit suicide in two weeks.

My God, that's horrible. :(
Ridgefielder

Postby Jeff Smith » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:37 pm

http://web.mta.info/mnr/html/delay_expl ... 022016.htm

An Explanation For Last Night’s (Monday, February 1) Extensive Delays

To Our Customers:

The extensive delays that you experienced last night occurred when a New Haven Line train struck a person at our Botanical Garden Station in the Bronx around 3:30 PM, shortly before the start of the evening rush hour.

This tragedy initially took all four tracks out of service in a critical section of track used by our Harlem and New Haven Lines, as emergency personnel, including personnel from FDNY, EMS and Metro-North, responded.

At the start of the rush hour two tracks were returned to service, but we were unable to stop Harlem or New Haven trains at any Bronx stations.

We only had one of our usual three outbound tracks in this area, and had to operate trains at significantly reduced speeds to protect emergency response personnel. As a result, significant train congestion occurred resulting in increasing delays to train service into and out of Grand Central. This congestion also affected Hudson Line service.

Because trains were delayed getting into Grand Central, we did not have these trains available for service out of Grand Central. This resulted in crowded conditions in Grand Central and required us to cancel and combine trains.

We realize that last night’s commute home was fraught with delays, congestion and crowded conditions. We thank you for your patience and your understanding as we attempted to provide the best service possible during an extremely difficult situation.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Smith » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:35 am

Signal Issues: http://www.mta.info/status/MetroNorth/Danbury/24275014

Danbury Line Customers
Delays Posted: 02/26/2016 10:24AM

Danbury Branch 9:05 AM train from Danbury to South Norwalk has been canceled due to signal issues. The next Southbound train to South Norwalk departs Danbury at 10:30 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience as a result of this incident.
Next stop, Willoughby
Jeff Smith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MTA Metro-North Railroad and CtDOT Passenger Rail