Boston-area hotel with transit options?

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Boston-area hotel with transit options?

Postby ryanov » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:13 am

Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel with decent (about 30 mins) transportation to Boston? I'm not from the area but will be in town for a beer festival. I stayed once at a hotel that was apparently right above Mishawum station (can't remember which hotel), but it appears that may not have weekend service...

...any recommendations? Thanks.
|=| R. Novosielski |=|
ryanov

Postby hebron_hapt » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:20 am

Do you want north, south or west of the city? And, where is the beer festival?
hebron_hapt

Postby CSX Conductor » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:57 pm

Ryan, that would have been the Susse Chalet in Woburn, Ma.

You might want to try Motel 6 in Braintree, as it is a 5 minute walk to the Braintree Red Line station. I say this because the subway runs more frequently and runs until 1am. :wink:
CSX Conductor

Postby ryanov » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:09 pm

hebron_hapt wrote:Do you want north, south or west of the city? And, where is the beer festival?

I personally don't care. I live south, but I'd be happy seeing more of the city...

I feel like an idiot not seeing Otto's question right on the first page of this forum about the Motel 6, heh...

The festival, to answer that question:
http://www.beeradvocate.com/fests/ebf/
|=| R. Novosielski |=|
ryanov

Postby CSX Conductor » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:00 pm

Well since it is going to be in the 500 block of Tremont Street, I would say take the Red Line to Andrew, then take the #10 bus and get off at the closest bus stop to where it crosses Tremont Street. Or go to Broadway and take the #9 to Tremont St. (This of course if yu do decide to say at the Motel 6 in Braintree. :wink:
CSX Conductor

Postby hebron_hapt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:33 am

Thanks for the link to the beerfest. I'd go myself, but I'll be at the Folkston Funnel that day, courtesy of my place of employment which took it upon themselves to send me to Florida the end of the last week of January. I'm missing Springfield too, but I ain't complaining!

Doesn't the Silver Line pass near the Cyclorama, at least within walking distance?
hebron_hapt

Postby Ron Newman » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:41 am

The Cyclorama is within walking distance of lots of transit: the Arlington and Copley stations on the Green Line, the Back Bay Station on the Orange Line and commuter rail, and the Silver Line on Washington Street.

The absolutely closest transit is the #43 bus, which stops right in front on Tremont Street.
Last edited by Ron Newman on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Newman

Postby CSX Conductor » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:21 pm

Ron Newman wrote:The absolutely closest transit is the #43 bus, which stops right on front on Tremont Street.

Thanks Ron, I thought it was the #43, but wasn't sure and didn't want to send him on the wrong bus. :wink:
CSX Conductor

Postby MickD » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:57 pm

I stay at The Best Western Adams Inn in N.Quincy from time to time
They have a courtesy van that'll take you to the station.I've always
walked to it there,so I've never used the van except going from hotel.
If you get a room with a with a view of the river you're just to the
southwest of the C/R-Red Line bridge.There's a T bus that runs by the hotel on weekdays too.Also the DoubleTree at JFK/UMass is just a short walk from T station&C/R stops there.That's a nice place and the rates aren't bad depending on when you there.I stayed there last spring and paid $109 through Orbitz.Also Double Tree at University Park in Cambridge about a 5 minute or so walk from Central Square Red Line stop.I paid $119 last time I was at that one.That Motel 6 in Braintree
isn't bad either for the price.I thought the complimentary gift basket
of shrunken heads was a nice touch.JUST KIDDING!!LOL!!I've stayed there too and the T access is ecxellent.
MickD

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)