Areas on the T to Avoid due to Construction/Travel Delays

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Areas on the T to Avoid due to Construction/Travel Delays

Postby GP40MC 1116 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone could point out a few stations or areas on the T to avoid going too, because of construction or other inconveiences that would slow my travels.I plan on going in this week, and i like to have somethiing planned out i n advance before i go in. I don't mean places that my saftey would be in jeperdy, i already know where they are
GP40MC 1116

Postby CRail » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:15 pm

Any station with a sign out front with a big T on it should pretty much sum it up.
Moderator: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
Avatar:3679A (since wrecked)/3623B (now in service as 3636B).
CRail

Postby jwhite07 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:46 pm

Generally construction-related delays and diversions are kept to a minimum on weekdays, but there are two -- Savin Hill Station on the Red Line is closed for reconstruction, and the Green Line north of North Station is closed as well. Bus shuttles are available to all affected points.

As for "open but in an advanced stage of construction-related disarray", the list is lengthy - Fields Corner, Shawmut, Ashmont, South Station, Charles/MGH, Malden Center, to name a few (there are others, I'm sure). Don't know how messed up State Street on the Blue Line is yet, but they're working there as well. Doesn't necessarily mean you will encounter delays resulting from any of the above on weekdays, but you might want to be aware of them anyway.

Late night and weekends, delays and/or outright "bustitution" has been common lately on the Orange Line north of Sullivan Square, the entire Ashmont Branch of the Red Line, and portions of the Green Line outer branches.
jwhite07

Postby Ron Newman » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:20 pm

Charles and South Station are both construction projects, but I haven't seen any delay caused by either one.
Ron Newman

Postby GP40MC 1116 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:25 pm

jwhite07 wrote:Generally construction-related delays and diversions are kept to a minimum on weekdays, but there are two -- Savin Hill Station on the Red Line is closed for reconstruction, and the Green Line north of North Station is closed as well. Bus shuttles are available to all affected points.

As for "open but in an advanced stage of construction-related disarray", the list is lengthy - Fields Corner, Shawmut, Ashmont, South Station, Charles/MGH, Malden Center, to name a few (there are others, I'm sure). Don't know how messed up State Street on the Blue Line is yet, but they're working there as well. Doesn't necessarily mean you will encounter delays resulting from any of the above on weekdays, but you might want to be aware of them anyway.

Late night and weekends, delays and/or outright "bustitution" has been common lately on the Orange Line north of Sullivan Square, the entire Ashmont Branch of the Red Line, and portions of the Green Line outer branches.

I never thought i would encounter a delay on the Red Line on a weekday rush at Davis Sq, but i did thanks to the white powder scare a few weeks before christmas last year
GP40MC 1116

Postby efin98 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:31 pm

GP40MC 1116 wrote:I never thought i would encounter a delay on the Red Line on a weekday rush at Davis Sq, but i did thanks to the white powder scare a few weeks before christmas last year

Isolated incidents happen, but they are rarer than the construction delays.
efin98

Postby jwhite07 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Charles and South Station are both construction projects, but I haven't seen any delay caused by either one.

Wasn't there some bustitution related to the Charles/MGH project last summer?
jwhite07

Postby efin98 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:24 pm

jwhite07 wrote:

Wasn't there some bustitution related to the Charles/MGH project last summer?

There was, but only for a weekend. One time only, unlike the continuing bustitution at Savin Hill or Lechmere.
efin98

Postby trigonalmayhem » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:03 am

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/transitupdates.asp

has all the various construction-related delays and bustitutions going on right now. Just look around it a bit.
trigonalmayhem

From MBTA F40PH2C 1050:

Postby Robert Paniagua » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 am

so many trains have been cancelled, not a good day so far for CR service

Special Notice for Fairmont Line Passengers:
Fairmont Line service is suspended until further notice due to weather-related problems. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Attleboro/Stoughton Line:

Outbound Mansfield train #831(6:35 AM) and inbound Mansfield train #832 (7:21 AM) are canceled due to weather-related problems.
Outbound South Attleboro train #801 (5:30 AM) is running 40 minutes late due to mechanical problems.
Inbound Providence train #802 (6:07 AM) is canceled due to mechanical problems. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Framingham/Worcester Line:
All Framingham/Worcester trains are running with 15-20 minute delays. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Inbound Framingham train #504 (7:00 AM) is canceled due to mechanical problems. Inbound Worcester train #506 (6:38 AM) will pick up passengers headed inbound. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Inbound Worcester train #502 (6:06 AM) is running 10-15 minutes late due to mechanical problems.
Newburyport/Rockport Line:
Inbound Rockport train #106 (6:10 AM) is running 90 minutes late. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Plymouth/Kingston Line:
Inbound Kingston train #1032 (7:05 AM) is running 30 minutes late.

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/transit ... p#commuter

Some horrible Commuter delays.........
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:23 pm

now the attleboro line is running on a sat. schedule as of 4 pm

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/transit ... p#commuter
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:00 pm

here is the newest update:

Commuter:

Special Notice Concerning Attleboro/Stoughton and Providence Line Service:
Significant delays can be expected on all trains due to weather related difficulties.

Fairmount Line Service:
The Fairmount Line has resumed normal operation. However, delays can be expected due to signal problems.

Modified Afternoon service for Monday, January 24, 2005:

Because of the extraordinary conditions created by the blizzard, Commuter Rail will operate the following afternoon service on Monday, January 24, 2005: Normal weekday service will be provided on the following lines:

Worcester/Framingham/Lowell Line

Attleboro Service is running on a modified Saturday Schedule (Please see below):

The following lines will operate on a Saturday schedule with supplemental outbound service provided as indicated:

Newburyport/Rockport Line:

The Saturday outbound Newburyport/Rockport Line service will be supplemented with:

To Rockport- 5:00PM deprture from North Sation - making all stops to Rockport.

To Newburyport - 5:10PM departure from North Sation - making all stops to Newburyport.

To Newburyport - 5:37PM departure from North Station - making all stops to Newburyport.

Haverhill Line:

The Saturday Haverhill/Reading Line outbound will be supplemented with:

To Haverhill - 5:15PM deaparture from North Station - making all stops to Haverhill.

To Haverhill - 6:30PM departure from North Station - making all stops to Haverhill.

Fitchburg Line:

: The Saturday Fitchburg/South Acton outbound service will be supplemented with:

To Fitchburg - 4:50PM departure from North Station - making all stops to Fitchburg

Attleboro/Providence Line:

The Attleboro/Providence Line trains will run as follows:

To Providence - 5:00PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Providence

To Providence - 5:40PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Providence.

To Providence - 6:52PM departure -from South Station - making all stops to Providence.

To Providence - 8:45PM departure - making all stops to Providence.

To Providence - 11:10PM departure - making all stops to Providence.

Stoughton Line shuttle Train:

All Attleboro Line trains will stop at Canton Junction. Shuttle train will depart from Canton Junction to Canton Center and stoughton to shuttle passengers from Canton Junction.

Needham Line:

The Needham Line will be supplemented with:

To Needham - 4:05PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Needham.
To Needham - 5:55PM departure - making all stops to Needham.

Franklin Line:

The Frankin Line will be supplemented with:

To Forge Park/495 - 4:10PM departure - from South Station - making all stops to Forge Park/495.

to Forge Park/495 -6:15PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Forge/495.

Old Colony Middleborough/Lakeville Line:

The Middleboroug/Lakeville Line will be supplemented with:

To Middleborough/Lakeville - 4:15PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Middleborough/Lakeville
To Middleborough/Lakeville - 6:45PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Middleborough/Lakeville

Old Colony Kingston/Plymouth Line:

The Kingston/Plymouth Line will be supplemented with:

To kingston - 4:15Pm departure from South Station - making all stops to Kingston.

To Kingston - 5:30PM departure from South Station - making all stops to Kingston.

Fairmount Shuttle:

Fairmount train service will be restored later today. Fairmount trains will leave Boston on the hour and will leave Readville on the half hour.

Customers who ordinarily use one of the Commuter Rail Lines with limited service are advised that large parking facilities are aviailable at Route 128 Station (Attleboro Line) and Anderson Woburn Regional Transportation Center (Lowell Line). Normal weekday service will be available at these stations.

Special Notice Concerning Attleboro/Stoughton and Providence Line Service:
Significant delays can be expected on all trainsdue to weather related difficulties.

As conditions permit, service will increase until regularly scheduled service is restored.

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:08 am

delays on the attleboro line this morning:

Commuter:

Haverhill/Reading Line:

Inbound Haverhill train #204 (6:05 AM) is running with 25-minute delays due to signal problems.

Attleboro/Providence Line:

Inbound Providence train #800 (5:25 AM) is 15 minutes late.

Outbound Providence train #803 (6:43 AM) is running 15 minutes late.
These delays are weather-related and we apologize for the inconvenience to you.

Fairmount Line Service for January 25th 2005
Normal weekday service has resumed today, Tuesday, January 25th.
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Red Line OOS-Medical Emergency at Davis

Postby octr202 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 pm

Red Line is reporting busing in place between Harvard and Alewife for a medical emergency at Davis. Doesn't sound good if they have to put buses in place over that distance.
Wondering if I'll see the Haverhill double-tracking finished before I retire...
Photo: Melbourne W7 No. 1019 on Route 78, Bridge & Church Streets, Richmond, Victoria. 10/21/2010
octr202

Location: In the land of the once and future 73 trackless trolley.

Postby CRail » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:05 pm

The MBTA Website wrote:Orange Line delays:

Please expect moderate delays on the Orange Line in both directions due to earlier switching problems. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The MBTA Website wrote:Riverside (D) Branch Delays:

Please expect significant outbound delays on the Riverside (D) Branch of the Green Line from Reservoir due to a disabled train. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Moderator: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
Avatar:3679A (since wrecked)/3623B (now in service as 3636B).
CRail

Next

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)