New Silver Line

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

New Silver Line

Postby GP40MC 1116 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:34 pm

I was planning on taking a ride on this next week sometime. The route goes from South Station to Silver Line Way Sta. With Stops at World Trade Ctr and Courthouse Station. So one can get on at S Sta and ride to Silver Line Way and get on another bus and go the same way back to S Sta? I will try and get photos. This probably shouldn't be here, but the BRT thread seemed like it didn't get much viewing
GP40MC 1116

Postby hebron_hapt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:09 pm

What about the plans for this bus/trackless trolley/whatever it is to go to the airport? Will that still happen? After all, a justification was a quick trip from South Station to the airport.
hebron_hapt

Postby apodino » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:52 pm

The plan is for Duel mode buses, which run on catenary in the transitway and on diesel on the surfaces, to operate the route.

And not to be a moderator or anything, but this actually belongs in the "That BRT" Thread as a bus topic. Otto has made it clear that we can't have multiple threads on stuff that don't have Flanged wheels guided by steel rails. That having been said, we are being given leeway, lets not violate it.
Rich "Dino" Martin
A one time happy rider of Arborway and the old Washington St. El.
apodino

Postby GP40MC 1116 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:59 pm

Got ya. I moved my questions to the BRT part. Thanks
GP40MC 1116

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)