Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby The EGE » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:20 pm

The section through the station looked pretty well tamped as of today. Lots of little things going on - plywood sheathing on the tops of the towers, something coating the stairway roofs, etc.
User avatar
The EGE
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Waiting for the N Judah

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby The EGE » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 am

As of 7am this morning there the crane is back at the station. I suspect they may be placing the remaining platform segments today.

EDIT: At 8:10 they were transporting the pile of station sign holders to the outbound platform location.
User avatar
The EGE
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Waiting for the N Judah

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby Komarovsky » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:35 pm

As of this evenings commute they've finished about 1/2-3/4 of the western portion of the platform nearest the parking lot.
Komarovsky
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby The EGE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Pictures from Tuesday. The platforms appear to be 100% in place.

Image Image
User avatar
The EGE
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: Waiting for the N Judah

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby MBTA1016 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:06 pm

The million dollar question. Will these be used during the World Series home games? Redsox clinch the ALCS title, bring on the cardinals.
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1
User avatar
MBTA1016
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby wicked » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:14 am

There's no immediate need for extra capacity. The same number of fans will attend games at Fenway as have for the previous 86 games.
wicked
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:17 pm
Location: MBTA Red Line, formerly WMATA Blue/Yellow

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby Joe51 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 am

I think most people from Metro West would be driving to Riverside. The last outbound train from Yawkey leaves at 11:36; chances are the game would not be over by then.
Joe51
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby sery2831 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 am

The last train last night to Worcester was delayed 70 mins for the game from South Station then waited for the game crowd at Yawkey.
Moderator: MBTA Rail Operations
User avatar
sery2831
 
Posts: 5127
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby dantheman1234 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 pm

I think it would be good publicity if they finished the station by Wednesday - and they really are SO CLOSE. I think if they really tried they could have both platforms be completely open in time (even if the elevators and solar panels are not 100% complete).
dantheman1234
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Mbta fan wrote:The million dollar question. Will these be used during the World Series home games? Redsox clinch the ALCS title, bring on the cardinals.


the west end of the platform is not ready for passenger use
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby nomis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:57 am

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:The million dollar question. Will these be used during the World Series home games? Redsox clinch the ALCS title, bring on the cardinals.


the west end of the platform is not ready for passenger use

The west end of the platform was at least lit last night.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.
User avatar
nomis
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: MRS 43 (was QA 9 & QB 2)

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am

nomis wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:The million dollar question. Will these be used during the World Series home games? Redsox clinch the ALCS title, bring on the cardinals.


the west end of the platform is not ready for passenger use

The west end of the platform was at least lit last night.


lit does not mean safe and ready for passenger use, I went thru there yesterday on my train, it won't be ready
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby nomis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 pm

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
nomis wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:The million dollar question. Will these be used during the World Series home games? Redsox clinch the ALCS title, bring on the cardinals.


the west end of the platform is not ready for passenger use

The west end of the platform was at least lit last night.


lit does not mean safe and ready for passenger use, I went thru there yesterday on my train, it won't be ready

I never said, or assumed that it would be ...
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.
User avatar
nomis
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: MRS 43 (was QA 9 & QB 2)

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby jwhite07 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 am

dantheman1234 wrote:I think if they really tried they could have both platforms be completely open in time (even if the elevators and solar panels are not 100% complete).


ADA requires full accessibility, so even if everything else is complete (and it's not), until the elevators are installed and operable the station cannot be fully opened. They ARE indeed going at a furious pace, but not gonna happen by Wednesday, and almost certainly not even before this year's World Series is over. Like we in Red Sox Nation formerly were resigned to say, "Wait till next year!" That new station will certainly be a boon to game crowds come next season.
User avatar
jwhite07
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:39 pm

Re: Fenway Center / Yawkey Station Discussion

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:26 pm

jwhite07 wrote:
dantheman1234 wrote:I think if they really tried they could have both platforms be completely open in time (even if the elevators and solar panels are not 100% complete).


ADA requires full accessibility, so even if everything else is complete (and it's not), until the elevators are installed and operable the station cannot be fully opened. They ARE indeed going at a furious pace, but not gonna happen by Wednesday, and almost certainly not even before this year's World Series is over. Like we in Red Sox Nation formerly were resigned to say, "Wait till next year!" That new station will certainly be a boon to game crowds come next season.


I can't wait for that station to be completed, it looks amazing and I'm just thrilled we can fit more than 3 doubles on the platform :P
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests