MBTA Offering Free Behind the Scenes Tours

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: MBTA Offering Free Behind the Scenes Tours

Postby 3rdrail » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

Adams_Umass_Boston wrote:
Paul,
Do you think they will ever give tours of other yards? I have always wanted one of the Heights.

Rob- I just saw this post now.Sorry for the delay. If you haven't already had the tour(s)of your choice, I wouldn't just wait for it, I'd go out and try to make it happen. I have had good luck that way myself. As far as the Heights are concerned, I walked in and just asked permission to shoot some photos. They couldn't have been nicer. I realize that this was a long time ago and policies have changed perhaps, but you still have a good shot of just hitting it right. Maybe calling directly to the house foreman ? Be concise, friendly, and direct. He may just say "come on in". I would avoid going through a middle person who has no discretionairy power themselves to make it happen. Work on your end and I'll zip a message to somebody that might be able to help. Good luck !
~Paul Joyce~
[i]Moderator: Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam

Paul Joyce passed away in August, 2013. We honor his memory and his devotion at railroad.net.
3rdrail

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)