Malden

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Malden

Postby helium » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:49 pm

How long has Malden been getting revovated? 10, 12 years?
How is it that an entire strip mall can get built in weeks, and one elevator takes years for the T?
helium

Postby SbooX » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:33 pm

To be fair, they also had to build the technological marvel known as a staircase.
SbooX

Postby WonderlandMan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:27 pm

heh.. i agree I travel to and from malden often and it seems like its just taking way too long. I don't know whats going on, it seems to be coming to a finish though. Finally...
WonderlandMan

Postby Ron Newman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:22 am

Is that finished now? I haven't been down there in a while.
Ron Newman

Postby helium » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:19 am

smashmont - are you telling me that the T has 1 construction crew? and that they started one project years ago, and suspended it, only to start a new one?
if the T was any other type of business, they'd have be run OUT of business long ago.
helium

Postby efin98 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:16 pm

helium wrote:smashmont - are you telling me that the T has 1 construction crew? and that they started one project years ago, and suspended it, only to start a new one?
if the T was any other type of business, they'd have be run OUT of business long ago.

That's just it- the T ain't a business, it's a beaurocracy. The T can only committ to a project for as long as the funding and contracts are available, if they run out or are changed work stops. You think Malden is bad? Try Community College! It's been under construction for just as long(if not longer) and for a long period of time had to deal with a huge chunk of the platform being dangerously thin, right where to the point where you could barely pass by with a train in the station.
efin98

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)