Railroad Map with Mileposts and Control Points

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Railroad Map with Mileposts and Control Points

Postby CSX Conductor » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:46 pm

bostonrailfan wrote:What is S&I ? And what area are you near that Amtrak coach cleaners work at, because I am mostly looking for information about Amtrak Coach Cleaners now as my main character works for a company such as Amtrak. Just note that the name Amtrak will not be used for copyright reasons. Also, I am looking for how much they normally make a year and if they get paid weekly or bi-weekly.

This belongs in the employment forum, I believe. S&S stands for Service & Inspection.
CSX Conductor

Postby bostonrailfan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:19 pm

OKay, I will then post a new topic in the employment forum then with my question. Thank you again for everything
bostonrailfan

Postby ceo » Tue May 10, 2011 1:44 pm

This morning at about 8:45, I saw a 2-car Orange Line train headed inbound at Sullivan on the third track. What was up with that?

Also, checkthedoorlight, your domain has expired.
ceo

Postby BostonUrbEx » Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

ceo wrote:This morning at about 8:45, I saw a 2-car Orange Line train headed inbound at Sullivan on the third track. What was up with that?

Also, checkthedoorlight, your domain has expired.

Not sure why you posted that in this thread, but anyways, I got an alert this morning about a disabled train and 20 minute delays or so. That was likely the dead set limping to Wellington.
BostonUrbEx

Postby ceo » Tue May 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Arrgh, wrong topic.
ceo

Postby bostonrailfan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Quick question, while i am at work i listen to my scanner, i have heard the terminal train dispatcher at boston south station tell the engineer "okay to have the starter", what does that mean by "okay to have the starter"? I might use this for my book.
bostonrailfan

Postby gmbfly98 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

checkthedoorlight wrote:The Orange line drops under the CSX line, it's just hard to see in the screenshot. Bear in mind I took that teaser screen shot last year. I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1, the Boston Herald siding, the Green Lines mapped, etc) since then.

See my website for my other completed maps.

Domain name expired on 4/31/2011...
gmbfly98

Postby R36 #9346 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 pm

gmbfly98 wrote:
checkthedoorlight wrote:The Orange line drops under the CSX line, it's just hard to see in the screenshot. Bear in mind I took that teaser screen shot last year. I have made a number of updates (i.e. CSX tk 7 was extended to Tower 1, the Boston Herald siding, the Green Lines mapped, etc) since then.

Which makes no sense, since April only has 30 days.
R36 #9346

Postby BigUglyCat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:02 pm

R36 #9346 wrote:
gmbfly98 wrote:

Which makes no sense, since April only has 30 days.

Some programmer apparently doesn't follow: "Thirty days hath September..." :)
BigUglyCat

Postby bostonrailfan » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Okay i know this is an old post but i lost everything on my computer includibg every track map chart that is and was one this topic. I have managed to get some of them. The one i can't find is the one of the southamton street rail yard that shows the layout and each track number. If someone could please help me get this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
bostonrailfan

Postby dbperry » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Didn't notice this thread until recently. I obtained a poster size version of the 1993 map during a tour of the South Station dispatch theater a few years ago. I scanned it with the large format scanner at my work and it has been at this link for a long time:

http://www.dbperry.net/mbtacommuterrailnetwork.pdf
dbperry

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)