Idea for Green Line Announcements

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Idea for Green Line Announcements

Postby jumbotusk » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:29 am

Here's an idea. The order of trains coming down the central subway is known for example at Copley long before trains arrive there. The order is known as soon as trains file out of Park because it is single track. Why not have electronic signboards in stations lisitings the line designations of the next say, 5-7 trains.

I.E. at copley;

D, C, B, E, C, D, B

or, more likely how it really is.... D, D, D, D, B, B, B heheheheh
That way at least you know you have a while to wait for your C train, as opposed to getting hopeful and excited everytime you see headlights.

Thoughts?
jumbotusk

Postby savebowdoin » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:35 pm

This is an interesting idea!! It may also be useful at the headhouses, so you know if you should rush down the stairs or if you can take your time and let those catching the next train go past.
savebowdoin

Postby Plaidline » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:26 pm

That would be useful. In many subway systems there are things like light-up maps in the stations telling you what trains are where, etc., and lights above ground telling you a train is coming. The only ones I've seen in Boston are the ones at JFK/UMass, the one on the green platform at Park telling you which red train is coming, and the "train arriving" lights at Symphony (which I've never seen lit, so I don't think they work).
Plaidline

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)