New Lawrence RTC

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

New Lawrence RTC

Postby trainhq » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:48 pm

Drove by the new Lawrence RTC site the other day. Looks like they've
actually started work there. :-D Anybody know when they will finish? Once they do, will the Downeaster stop there?
trainhq

Postby Ron Newman » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:57 pm

Where is it?
Ron Newman

Postby mersk862 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:42 pm

It's going to be right on Merrimack Street...maybe 1/3 to 1/2 mile north of the current station. Construction has already started, and it was coming along last I saw it, about a month ago (before I moved down to North Carolina).

As for the Downeaster stopping there, I would hope that it would happen...Lawrence is trying to become more of a destination with their revitalization project, and having Amtrak service would definetely help. I would hope they add some more off-peak MBTA trains past Reading to help out the new station, and to expand the Andover turn (around 1:30 pm) to Lawrence...it was always quite annoying to have to drive to Woburn to catch a train instead of driving the 10 minutes to Andover station, just because I could catch an hourly train to Woburn, while Andover, I might have to wait 2 hours in the afternoon.

Jeff
mersk862

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)