Maverick modernization pictures

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Maverick modernization pictures

Postby trigonalmayhem » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:58 pm

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I didn't see it, so ...

the T put up pictures of what the new Maverick station will (supposedly) look like on their planned projects section:

http://www.mbta.com/projects_underway/maverick_station.asp
trigonalmayhem

Postby efin98 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:43 pm

Looks like it's much the same as it is now on the outside and inside is dramatically different. I love the new inside, looks more airy and roomy. The main entrance is still going to be at the busway, with the 114/116/117/120/121 feeding the station. I hope a secondary entrance is opened across Sumner Street, can't tell by the renditions on the site but if it is not included it is a big mistake. Any events on the waterfront or at Piers Park and the Bi-annual Columbus Day Parade show it's needed.
efin98

Postby CSX Conductor » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:27 pm

Hopefully the MBTA will have all signs in english....lol

Seriously, if and when they modernize it, it would be cool if they could preserve the train monitor board.
CSX Conductor

Postby efin98 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:19 pm

CSX Conductor wrote:Hopefully the MBTA will have all signs in english....lol

What? And break a perfect gibberish record? :-D Although a few multilingual signs on the new busway will help out a lot, maybe even get the 116s and 117s out of the station on time for once.

Seriously, if and when they modernize it, it would be cool if they could preserve the train monitor board.

If they don't save it at least there is one at Wonderland that is still in working order(even if it is useless :wink:
efin98

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)