Water Leak!

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Water Leak!

Postby jrc520 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:24 pm

well, sounds like the Boeing LRVs are REALLY falling apart. tonight, around 11:30, 3447?/34?2(couldn't get the number well) started leaking. Ok, the driver refused to keep going because she was drenched. Train ended up getting stuck @ kenmore for the whatever time it took me to get from the chestnut hill mall on route 9 to the pru. You could even hear some distortion from the water on the radio. Can't wait for the LRV's to go at this point, even if they do look good ;-)
jrc520

Re: Water Leak!

Postby hcm48 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:35 pm

jrc520 wrote:well, sounds like the Boeing LRVs are REALLY falling apart. tonight, around 11:30, 3447?/34?2(couldn't get the number well) started leaking. Ok, the driver refused to keep going because she was drenched. Train ended up getting stuck @ kenmore for the whatever time it took me to get from the chestnut hill mall on route 9 to the pru. You could even hear some distortion from the water on the radio. Can't wait for the LRV's to go at this point, even if they do look good ;-)

Silly question, but what was the source of the leak - was it raining (no rain here on the Cape)
hcm48

Postby jrc520 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:57 pm

water coming from the ceiling @ kemore, from what I heard. Mind you, I wasn't there, but was listening to this on the scanner on my way home. Sounded like the leak was right as you enter the station's inbound tracks, since that's where it started. Green Line radio isn't the best quality, sadly, so I couldn't catch some of the stuff they were saying :-(
jrc520

Postby efin98 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:21 pm

Sounds air conditioner related to me if there wasn't more leaks in the cars. I don't blame the operator though, that's a major impediment to the train if s/he can't operate the train without the water obscuring the view or messing with the PA system.
efin98

Postby AmtrakFan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:10 pm

Poor Operator I feel Sorry for him having to deal with it also maybe they need to replace the Boeing LRV's.

AmtrakFan
AmtrakFan

Postby typesix » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:50 pm

Water leak would be from AC system condensate drain system not working properly or plugged up drain.
typesix

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)