MBTA Police

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

MBTA Police

Postby AEM7AC920 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:57 am

I was wondering how many people around here see some MBTA police often. When i seem to ride I don't ever see any MBTA officers. When the time for the DNC convention came it the subway was like Fort knox, but now that it's gone i don't see any police and i keep hearing about more improvements being made but it just seems that more people are getting killed or any of the others. What does everyone else think about this issue?
AMTRAK HAWK DETECTOR TRACK 1 NOOO DEFECTS OUT!
AEM7AC920

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:35 am

the only place that i see MBTA officiers is at South Station, they usually just patrol the station
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Postby nightowl » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:05 am

Forest Hills usually has at least one officer for the morning and evening rush. But I have seen any in the past few days (I was riding a bike before that, they might not have been there all summer). Normally that would be the only cop I would see on the T.

If you want to see police come by the orange line around 2 p.m. come September. Forest Hills would have 5 cops, Ruggles 3, other stations close to high schools probably have the same.
nightowl

Postby N.Y. State Of Mind » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:11 pm

When I was at Boston for the Macworld Expo, I remember seeing a couple of T officers at Downtown Crossing (not at the station, but at street level).
N.Y. State Of Mind

Postby CSX Conductor » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:20 pm

Forest Hills has a small sub-station for when the cops ae there for the school crowds like NightOwl mentioned.......but instead of keeping the kids moving instead of loitering, the cops hang out with them.......and never disperse what can sometimes get to be rather large loud and rowdy groups of teens. Too much room for groups to congregate in the new Forest Hills Station.......that is why I would prefer the old one back anyday, except the fact that the new one has commuter rail access.

The MBTA also has many plain clothes officers on the trains.
CSX Conductor

Postby Robert Paniagua » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:46 pm

That's right. You can't expect all officers to be in uniform all the time, they can be undercouver, and be in plainclothes and drive around in unmarked cars too.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)