3 T Cops in the drink at Science Park

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

3 T Cops in the drink at Science Park

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:40 am

Just saw it on the TV, they dont know why yet but they fished 1 T cop out of the water, and the other two swam to shore (there all OK)

Im saying the work going on over there,something was comming and it was get squashed or jump, and they jumped!

No weblinks or nada yet for it though :/

Edit: Now its 2 officers, and there in the water as their car plunged in, someone said they were driving the wrong way I beleive!
CJ

Postby BC Eagle » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:30 am

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... o_charles/

An example of why some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive. I hope they cite the driver of that other car for an illegal u-turn and driving to endanger.
BC Eagle

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:38 am

BC Eagle wrote:http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2004/08/13/mbta_officers_rescued_after_van_plunges_into_charles/

An example of why some people just shouldn't be allowed to drive. I hope they cite the driver of that other car for an illegal u-turn and driving to endanger.

Very true, you ever wait in that traffic though? Its nuts..
CJ

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:40 am

How can you be "headed north on O'Brien Highway toward the Science Park station" ?
Ron Newman

Postby parovozis » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:48 am

Now tell me how does this thread qualify for MBTA rail operations????
parovozis

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59 am

I'd say it doesn't. When I first read it I thought they had somehow fallen off the Green Line viaduct.
Ron Newman

Postby fm535 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:24 pm

Get off of it, will ya? He didn't pull your topic like he initially intended, he locked it for others to read but not start a social commentary thread. I doubt if an accident involving a U-turn is going to turn too highly into an op/ed piece. But I have a feeling you might just do that!
fm535

Postby Robert Paniagua » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:50 pm

Thank you, fm535. I think this thread is different than the one Mr. Newman started concerning the Fitchburg woman who was asked to leave that train.

As for the police wagon itself, which I saw days earlier as I was walking towards the Park Street Station numbered 7095, I don't think it will be able to survive. That wagon will have to be tossed to the big landfill and disintegrated, just like MBTA bus 0270 several years ago. This story reminded me of that bus when it too went down the Charles from Storrow Drive.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby Ron Newman » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:49 pm

I remember watching them fish that bus out of the river, across from MIT. Did they ever figure out what happened there?
Ron Newman

Postby Robert Paniagua » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:39 am

I remember watching them fish that bus out of the river, across from MIT. Did they ever figure out what happened there?

Yeah it was bus driver Eddie Bowman who was returning the bus to the Albany Street yard when he most likely fell asleep and then the bus went off the road and into the river. Bowman himself was't lucky either, he drowned, and the bus itself was of course taken away by Linskey's Towing to the NIMCO landfill for proper disposal and disentegration.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby Ron Newman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:50 am

For the bus to go into the river where it did, it would have to be travelling on Memorial Drive, which is not allowed. I didn't think buses could even fit under the various bridges on that road.
Ron Newman

Postby fm535 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:57 am

Is that your intention?
fm535

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)