Status Of Equipment at BET

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby sery2831 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 am

The T operates a minimum of one round trip over the line each day. The weekends usually in the afternoon. The weekdays around 11p.

Amtrak operates Downeaster equipment transfer moves on a as needed basis. These trains come down from Maine, go over to the South Side, switch, then return to Maine.

Not sure on the frequency of the CSX local to Chelsea but I see(/hear) them in the late afternoon going to Chelsea and late evening going back.
Moderator: MBTA Rail Operations
User avatar
sery2831
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby GP40MC1118 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Grand Jct Moves:

CSX B721 Sunday through Thursday OD130PM Framingham

MBTA: Readville Switcher Monday through Friday nights
Southside Terminal Switcher usually Sundays (yesterday, the Fuel Extra
came over).
Occasional Work Train moves, equipments moves, test trains to the Southside.

Amtrak: Once or twice a week equipment swaps (If you see or hear of extra equipment
tacked on the end of 686, then there's a move to Southampton St & return)

Saturday is the deadest of the week. Rare moves by the T Switcher from the south.

D
GP40MC1118
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby ck4049 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:10 pm

GP9 902 has been taken off the NETransit roster.
ck4049
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby TrainManTy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Has the 902 been moved to IRM yet?
Tyler

All posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak for any organizations on this board.
User avatar
TrainManTy
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Worcester, MA

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby MetroBostonRailways » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:29 pm

I saw the 3247 cross over Main St. in Cambridge headed south at about 12:30pm today
MetroBostonRailways
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 pm

TrainManTy wrote:Has the 902 been moved to IRM yet?


Yep. Will be spiffed up into a static museum piece. Which is a pretty nice way to go since the engine's too fire-damaged to be made operable again and otherwise would've been cannibalized and scrapped for parts. Don't know when the transfer move was made and who made it, but NETransit was updated this week to officially de-list it from the roster and mark it as departed from the property.
F-line to Dudley via Park
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:26 pm
Location: North Cambridge

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby GP40MC1118 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:48 pm

The 902 is still at BET as far as I know. Not showing up on the traces as yet.
Rumored to leave via PAR instead of CSX.

D
GP40MC1118
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby diburning » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:10 pm

I was on I-93 yesterday. I saw that it was still at BET.
User avatar
diburning
 
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Practicing safe CSX by using Three-Step Protection

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby Slushbucket » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...
Slushbucket
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm
Location: Merrimack Valley, MA

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby sery2831 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 pm

It is that car. It's headed to North Adams to the new Berkshire Scenic operation.
Moderator: MBTA Rail Operations
User avatar
sery2831
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby GP40MC1118 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:01 am

BRMX 9034

D
GP40MC1118
 
Posts: 3313
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby Rbts Stn » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 am

Slushbucket wrote:Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...


I shall miss seeing that car on my trips on the Pike.

Kind of surprised the tires weren't flat from sitting for so long! ;)
User avatar
Rbts Stn
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 pm
Location: waiting for an "A" train to Watertown

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Rbts Stn wrote:
Slushbucket wrote:Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...


I shall miss seeing that car on my trips on the Pike.

Kind of surprised the tires weren't flat from sitting for so long! ;)


I don't think that thing even had trucks on it that whole time it was sitting stationary in Beacon Park. They probably had to throw some temp shop trucks on it to make it roadworthy enough to *crawl* along behind a light engine move.
F-line to Dudley via Park
 
Posts: 7218
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:26 pm
Location: North Cambridge

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:59 pm

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:
Slushbucket wrote:Today while riding the Orange Line I noticed a gray, graffiti-covered baggage car coupled to three or four covered hoppers (Pan Am LA-# job?) outside BET. It looked like the one that has been sitting all by itself in Beacon Park Yard for a while but I was not in that area so I cannot confirm if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is...


I shall miss seeing that car on my trips on the Pike.

Kind of surprised the tires weren't flat from sitting for so long! ;)


I don't think that thing even had trucks on it that whole time it was sitting stationary in Beacon Park. They probably had to throw some temp shop trucks on it to make it roadworthy enough to *crawl* along behind a light engine move.


It had trucks on her...she was moved East about 100 feet from that bumper/stair case that it was resting against about a month ago, prolly just to see if it was still road worthy
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Status Of Equipment at BET

Postby sery2831 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

It's trucks are under it and are just fine. It's air brake system had to be re-worked and tested though.
Moderator: MBTA Rail Operations
User avatar
sery2831
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:15 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

PreviousNext

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests