Weston Station?

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Weston Station?

Postby obienick » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I think I read something like 5 years ago about a proposal to add a station on Recreation Rd.
obienick

Postby Ron Newman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:39 pm

The Weston station on the Central Mass. -- what is it now used for? I thought it was supposed to be a private residence, but it didn't appear to be occupied that way when I last saw it.
Ron Newman

Postby F-line to Dudley via Park » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

Ron Newman wrote:The Weston station on the Central Mass. -- what is it now used for? I thought it was supposed to be a private residence, but it didn't appear to be occupied that way when I last saw it.

It's nicely fixed up even though the track-facing side is overgrown with shrubs. The little access driveway to it from Church St. clearly used to be a parking lot similar to the three tiny Fitchburg line stations in that area. I suppose some business still uses it. Central Mass from the Waltham split to South Sudbury has most of its B&M station buildings still standing in excellent condition and in active private use.
F-line to Dudley via Park

Postby BandA » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:44 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2000/05/08/newscolumn1.html?page=all
"It achieves some of our goals while reducing the traffic impact in the neighborhood," said John Cusolito, Liberty Mutual vice president and manager of external relations.

The company also says it wants to prevent more intensive use of the site; the Turnpike Authority had planned on building a 600-car Park & Ride or commuter station at the site before accepting Liberty Mutual's proposal in 1998.
BandA

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)