Red-Blue Connector

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Red-Blue Connector

Postby Disney Guy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:27 am

I would say that decentralizing and spreading out passenger flow (including building the Bowdoin to Charles connection) would be better than concentrating everything in a superstation in the downtown core.

".. nor have I ever heard of such a proposal ..." (to combine the Red Line Park St. and Downtown Crossing stations)
It's in the August 2 reply above in this thread. The logistics part, the 1/2 mile bypass tunnel, is my own idea since the 65 page link that describes the entire superstation will not download on my computer.

Once we abandon the idea of combining Park St. and DTX on the Red Line, the Red-Orange-Green portion of a superstation is complete.There is already a wide underground walkway between the aforementioned two existing stations. If somehow a walking path was created from the Blue Line to the Red Line in the downtown core I would not consider that an inclusion in a superstation since the walking distance is quite long.
(To the theater stage manager) Quit twiddling the knob and flickering the lights while the audience is entering and being seated. (To the subway motorman) Quit twiddling the knob and dinging the doors while passengers are getting off and others are waiting to board.
Disney Guy

Re: Red-Blue Connector

Postby rethcir » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 pm

I agree that a TBM seems excessive for such a short tunnel. I know labor is expensive, but how much labor would you really be saving here with a TBM?
rethcir

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)