Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

Postby BandA » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:39 pm

When I was riding, I would get up out of my aisle seat and offer the standee the middle seat, then sit back down in the aisle seat. If I knew the car was going to be full or more I would try to get one of the +2 seats on the other side.

Goal should be enough cars to run 2+2 seating with few or no standees, level boarding and automatic doors. Then the dwell time is reduced.
BandA

Postby RenegadeMonster » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 am

Car 828 is in need of a bit of maintenance.

The trucks underneath were making a lot of noise navigating curves and moving in a very jerky stick / give fashion that shook the car. This can't be good for their longevity. Is lubrication part of routine maintenance?

Also, one of the seats on 828 had purple tap on it. 5 pieces wide and 2 feet long. If a seat was damaged that badly why7 not replace?
RenegadeMonster

Postby MBTA3247 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm

The tape was probably put on by S&I. They won't be able to replace the seat until the next time the car visits BET or Readville for an inspection.
"The destination of this train is [BEEP BEEP]" -announcement on an Ashmont train.
MBTA3247

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)