Court Street Open Today!

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Postby trigonalmayhem » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:45 pm

I got a pretty good view yesteday as we came in from park street. Since the inside of the train was pretty high up I could kind of see down through a grate towards the top, and it was awesome!

unfortunately the train was still moving pretty quickly so I couldn't see much detail. I'm going to try harder next time to see more.
trigonalmayhem

Postby MBTA1 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:13 pm

The design of Court Street Station confuses me. If the platform is in line with the current Green Line North Station bound track then how would the trains get from Devonshire to Court and then back to Devonshire? If it works the way I am thinking then that would mean that there would have to be some what of either a loop or the train would have to go up an incline towards the right and then a sharp left turn with the station after the turn. After the station the train would then have to hook another left and re-connect with the East Boston tunnel. If anyone can understand what I am asking and knows the answer then please reply.
MBTA1

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)