Bomb scare at south station?

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Bomb scare at south station?

Postby CRail » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:02 am

I have heard rumor of a bomb scare and evacuation at south station on the afternoon of Friday july 26th. Does anyone know how true this is?
Moderator: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
Avatar:3679A (since wrecked)/3623B (now in service as 3636B).
CRail

Postby ckb » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:21 am

I left South Station on a 4:15 Acela departure and I didn't notice anything unusual. Well, there was a crowd of MBTA police types near the exit of the subway area around 3:15 on my way by there, but I figured they were getting ready to do some bag checking (or train for it). So, from 3:15 to 4:15 -- completely clear.
ckb

Postby CSX Conductor » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:54 pm

First of Friday was the 23rd, today is the 26th. LOL :D

As far as South Station, I didnt hear of anything.

However, there was a CR train stopped @ Southborugh Station on the Worcester Line this afternoon. Supposedly a baby carriage with a "suspicious odor".....and a white powdery substance. Hello??? baby carriage......could the powder be baby powder?!!?!?

Not sure of the out-come or how the whole incident started.
CSX Conductor

Postby SnoozerZ49 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:11 am

I am not a security expert but I don't think a baby carriage with a strange odor coming from it is anything to laugh about! What ever some of these babies are producing it is down right toxic! The car ventilation systems pick it up real quick. As I pass from one car to another the odor from a dirty diaper can hit you like a bag of rocks to the head! As for the white powder? I think CSX COnductor missed his calling! He's a regular Inspector Monk!
SnoozerZ49

Postby CSX Conductor » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:35 am

Snoozer, if I was like Monk.....allergies and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I probably wouldnt be able to do freight.....lol.....so dirty :(
CSX Conductor

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)