DNC Office Cars

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Postby Robert Paniagua » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:26 pm

Oh no, don't let that joke confuse you now, CSXT Conductour.

I also heard the the business PV parked at BON may be headed for NYP for the GOP Convention there.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby AmtrakFan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:07 pm

octr202 wrote:BNSF is Burlington Northern Santa Fe, and contrary to the Herald, they are the same railroad now.

So did the UP not send any cars? I'm not surprised that there's nothing from CSXT either, given the political leanings of upper management there as at the UP.

CSX is sending some but they will be late and UP the reason they didn't was due to Business Cars being occupied on the West Coast also I think their going to the RNC. Did You Know Dick Cheney was on the UP board at one time.

AmtrakFan
AmtrakFan

Postby NealG » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:55 am

caduceus wrote:I saw the NS cars on my way out to the 7:35 Fitchburg train - they were on Track 1 - apparently the crew car was removed.

I thought they were all NS business cars. I didn't see "BNSF" - not sure what that is.

They split the NS cars into two groups - the ones on Track 1 appeared to be passenger cars, and the second group of what looked like business cars had recently been detached, and it looked like they may have been getting ready to push the rest to Track 2, probably waiting for us to clear.

They are in on tracks 1-3, being used for events within the convention (I.E. the DGA is using one as a reception area and cloakroom) . I was there last night ans snapped some pics from the concourse. As I know someone who is coordinating the DGA event, I plan to go on this evening. I'll try to get more pics.
NealG

Postby Mr Met » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:18 am

Will these head up to msg for the rnc
Mr Met

Postby Xplorer2000 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:52 am

CSX had one piddly little tail end car at South Station on last Saturday afternoon/evening, an old heavyweight tail-end obs.(I wasn't going to TRY to get close enough to read the name....security is NOT in the best of moods these days. The BNSF cars, two that I saw, came in Wednesday off the Lake Shore. One was the Mountain View, the other was a theatre-observation, possibly the James Strong(it was behind a concrete pillar that obscured part of the name from where I was.) When I left Boston on a T bus Tuesday afternoon,it looked like the BNSF cars were in / on Track One under the FleetCenter. Didn't see any of the NS cars...their Tuscan paint SHOULD be a stand out, though. I'm not surprised UP DIDN'T send their business train....they're reputed, like Guilford, whose train is also absent, to big time Dubya supporters and contributors.
Xplorer2000

Postby Ron Newman » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:26 am

What's the DGA? (Persumably not Directors Guild of America, which is what the abbreviation first brings to my mind)
Ron Newman

Postby NealG » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:15 pm

Ron Newman wrote:What's the DGA? (Persumably not Directors Guild of America, which is what the abbreviation first brings to my mind)

Democratic Governors' Association.
NealG

Postby Robert Paniagua » Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:48 am

I also saw that car too. It's currently sitting on Track 11, and it's NOT a camper car as I first thought. It's an office car. Not to mention, I saw the remainder of that CSX train with similar blue "PV-camper" cars being moved around Cabot/Southampton Yard from a CR train. It had probably three or four blue PV-style cars.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby octr202 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:42 am

Ironic that the NS OCS came via CSXT from NY State, but the CSXT OCS is over at Southampton St., apparently an Amtrak move. Does anyone know how this train operated to Boston?
Wondering if I'll see the Haverhill double-tracking finished before I retire...
Photo: Melbourne W7 No. 1019 on Route 78, Bridge & Church Streets, Richmond, Victoria. 10/21/2010
octr202

Location: In the land of the once and future 73 trackless trolley.

Postby CSX Conductor » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:40 am

I spoke with a buddy of mine thats an engineer on the T.....the cars came up, in a couple of groups, on Amtrak #66......probably came from Jacksonville to Washington, then on rear of 66 to Boston.

The train you saw on the dry loop, Robert, was parked there....with high secuirity, including CSXT K-9 unit by the the loco's.....rest of train was parked by theAmtrak shops.

The first 2 cars headed south tonight on #67, it looked like the car from South Station was the last car.

Also, supposedly the car at South Station was a post for U.S. Marshalls
CSX Conductor

Postby SnoozerZ49 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:29 am

I am under the impression that the CSX cars were over at the Amtrak yard (Southampton Street).

I also saw Guilford folks over at their trailer last night alongside BET. Looked like they were getting ready to head into North Station to start pulling cars out, that was around 10:30pm Thursday.

On Tuesday I noticed the CSX local coming back from the Produce Center and they had railroad police on the front of the engine riding shotgun.

SERY, I heard you are a good Trainman but the Conductor handling No 401 this week is a better one!

CSX Cond. by the time of your postings I think we are both on the same sleep pattern. I'm on the "board" and have been getting home between 2:00 and 3:00 am for the past month or so.

Finally, for the sake of decency please don't refer to Commuter Rail Conductors as MBTA/MBCR Conductors. We do not work for the MBTA and with the "Good Lord" willing we never will. We are MBCR Conductors.
SnoozerZ49

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)