Boeing LRV 3418

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Postby MBTA1 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:38 pm

I spend the most of my time on the E-Line or the C-Line, and on the E you will never see a Boeing unless it is a fan trip (due to the Boston Fire Dept.) and on the C-Line it has been all Breda's and Type 7's. Where are they currently operating or are they spending their last days in the Upper Yard at Cleveland Circle?
MBTA1

Postby typesix » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:44 pm

Two LRV trains were seen going in opposite directions yesterday on B line during afternoon rush.
typesix

Postby BC Eagle » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:36 pm

I would imagine that the Boeings would be getting heavy use on the B-Line now that they can't use the Breadas on that line. Even when the Bredas were being used on the B-Line, you'd still see your fair share of LRVs. (I took a picture a few months back of a Boeing, Type 7, and Breda all running on the B-Line in the vicinity of Chestnut Hill Ave.)

Why does the fire department prevent the Boeings from running on the E-Line?
Last edited by BC Eagle on Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC Eagle

Postby MBTA1 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:14 pm

Thanks to both of you and BC Eagle, from what I have been told the Boeing cars' battery panels are too thin so if a car hit them it could cause a big big problem. I'm not sure if this is 100% sure but this info. came from a source within the MBTA.
MBTA1

Postby MBTAFan » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:27 pm

Even though the C line has been mostly Type 8s recently, I have seen a few sets of Boeings but they are very few and far between. It has been a few days since I've seen some, but I've seen a Boeing on the C at least 2 times in the last week.
MBTAFan

Postby ST214 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:36 pm

Where was 3417 yesterday??? It was not on it's track, as it always is. Also, is it going to be replaced by a type 7, or will she remain, to be the lone Boeing survivor on the MBTA????
Hoping for a rebirth of the Screamer fleet.
ST214

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)