Green Line Expansion Beyond Lechmere

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Green Line Expansion Beyond Lechmere

Postby bozepravde15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Anyone have any info/links regarding the exact location of the new carhouse and how it will connect to the mainline? I haven't found anything on this (admittedly I'm not the best at combing through some of this) and I have a hard time picturing where it will be and how it will connect. Will it connect to the line before the split to Union Square or after?
bozepravde15

Postby ceo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 pm

The old GLX site had all of the proposed maintenance facility locations including the one that was settled upon, but I can't find it at the moment. So I drew an extremely rough map. "Seacost Distillers" has already relocated.
ceo

Postby Arlington » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 am

TODAY (MON OCT 22) is the deadline to support GLX Phase 2 (U-Haul, Boston Ave @ Mystic Valley Parkway)
Please submit a comment that keeps GLX Phase 2 in the 5-year-plan "Doing" bucket--
rather than the "Planning" or "Dreaming" (where it has been relegated in the draft)

https://www.mbtafocus40.com/focus40thep ... wtocomment
"Trying to solve congestion by making roadways wider is like trying to solve obesity by buying bigger pants."--Charles Marohn
Arlington

Postby rmccown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 am

They’ve done a bunch of grading and leveling of the Union Square site, and much of the ROW.
rmccown

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)