deathtopumpkins wrote:I note that on the GLX slide they list the project cost as $3 billion...
Sure would be nice if the feds would pay for the whole $3 billion project as planned before the big cuts!
F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:It's a showcase infrastructure project the Administration can point to when it makes its case.
Arlington wrote:F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:It's a showcase infrastructure project the Administration can point to when it makes its case.
Exactly. Photos of union guys in hardhats working rebar, long strands of CWR shooting red hot from a steel mill, and ribbon cuttings.
As long as it fits the "Man of Action" and "Great Leader" and "Making America/USA First" narrative, he doesn't care what's being built or where. If Kate Brown (Oregon's liberal governor) had said she needed a $3b Planned Parenthood clinic, she'd have gotten it, so as she promised to use enough hardhats & rebar.
It just has to have good photos in time for the 2020 primaries.
bostontrainguy wrote:Actually rather refreshing that things might actually get done now. Trump has little patience with the way projects like this drag on and on. Maybe in the next 8 years we will also see Fall River / New Bedford and a rebuilt NEC!
BandA wrote:I can't remember where this project is. Are they busy redrawing the blueprints, or are they waiting for state funding?
1. Pre-Procurement Forum 11/16/16 (Actual)
2. Issue Request for Qualifications for Design Build (DB) Teams 12/15/16 (Actual)
3. FTA Risk Refresh 1/25/17 – 1/26/17
4. Receive Statement of Qualifications for BD 1/26/17
5. File MEPA/NEPA Documents January
6. Issue Shortlist for DB Teams 2/25/17
7. Issue Draft Request for Proposals for DB Shortlist 3/14/17
8. Submit Finance Plan Update to FTA 3/17/17
9. Hold One-on-Ones 3/28/17 – 4/20/17
10. Award Contact for Project Manager/Construction Manager April 2017
11. Issue Final Request for Proposals 5/23/17
12. Alternative Technical Concept (ATC) Process 6/8/17 – 8/9/17
13. Design Build Proposals Due 9/30/17
14. Bid Opening/Select Design Build Entity 11/28/17
bostontrainguy wrote:I notice that the redesign leaves center platforms but with no fare gates, how do they plan to collect fares?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests