Green Line Expansion Beyond Lechmere

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Green Line Expansion Beyond Lechmere

Postby BandA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 am

I'm *hoping* that the adults are watching the cookie jar on this project and will not allow cost overruns.
BandA

Postby deathtopumpkins » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am

Arlington wrote:I updated the above bid to $1,080m (from $955m) because the higher price is the one that the winning contractor bid to include all of the "additive options":

This is not quite correct. $955 million was their bid price. $1.08 billion was with contingencies added on.

The $955 million included the additive options, then the MBTA added on a $125 million contingency amount to protect against cost overruns and unexpected expenses. Fairly standard in construction.
Call me Connor or DTP

Railfan & Roadgeek from the North Shore of Mass.
deathtopumpkins

Postby Arlington » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:07 pm

So, did we officially get a Notice to Proceed?
[EDIT]
Yes, we've got a Notice to Proceed!
https://www.mbta.com/news/3239
Dec 21 - BOSTON - The Federal Transit Administration today informed the MBTA Green Line Extension (GLX) Project Team that it has released the first $100 million installment of the total approved $1 billion in federal funding for the 4.7-mile light rail line from Cambridge to Medford, marking another milestone for the project. With federal funding in place, the MBTA issued the Notice to Proceed to GLX Design-Build team, GLX Constructors. After a sealed price opening last month, GLX Constructors won with its bid, a total of $1.08 billion.
"Trying to solve congestion by making roadways wider is like trying to solve obesity by buying bigger pants."--Charles Marohn
Arlington

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)