New Superstation to open Monday

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

New Superstation to open Monday

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:09 pm

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Postby Pete » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:40 pm

Has the interior passageway to the commuter rail area been opened?
Pete

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:51 pm

There really isn't such a passageway. There is a pedestrian tunnel leading to a new headhouse on the north side of Causeway, but the tunnel isn't yet open because the headhouse is under construction. Even after it opens, you will still need to walk outside for a bit between the headhouse and the FleetCenter east entrance.

A true indoor connection will have to wait until something is built on the big empty lot in front of the FleetCenter (the former Boston Garden site).
Ron Newman

Postby MBTAFan » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:11 am

Ron Newman wrote:There really isn't such a passageway. There is a pedestrian tunnel leading to a new headhouse on the north side of Causeway, but the tunnel isn't yet open because the headhouse is under construction. Even after it opens, you will still need to walk outside for a bit between the headhouse and the FleetCenter east entrance.

A true indoor connection will have to wait until something is built on the big empty lot in front of the FleetCenter (the former Boston Garden site).

Any structure built where the old Garden was is _supposed_ to include an expanded North Station lobby on the first floor. Who knows if that will actually happen.
MBTAFan

Postby CS » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:07 pm

Well I got to ride the green line into the new "superstation". It was okay... I wasn't really impressed. Maybe because it's everything I expected. The connection is a hell of a lot easier now though, I must say.
C. Sarjeant
"CS"
CS

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)