No Bags or Parcels

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Postby SbooX » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:53 pm

I don't think the T is really out to get me or most other people. I was using that line because it is commonly used when discussing "conspiracies" that are actually true. In this case its not paranoia on the part of the civil libertarians, because the T did say they would continue the searches after the DNC, and they say they will reinstate them whenever they feel like it. Therefore, my fear that these searches will continue is clearly founded in facts, rather than paranoia.

As for the threat levels being bogus, terror alerts seem a little too conveniently timed, and often based on 3 year old intelligence. This of course is not the place to debate that point though. (If you would like to debate it, PM me.)
SbooX

Postby Robert Paniagua » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:56 pm

From the Globe:

The agency might reinstate the baggage screenings totally at random or when the threat level is increased or if there are terror warnings specific to transit, Mulhern said.

That's what I mentioned in earlier posts, that the rules will go on ONLY if the terror lever goes up to either Orange or Red, but not the present yellow.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Postby SbooX » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:43 pm

Robert Paniagua wrote:From the Globe:

The agency might reinstate the baggage screenings totally at random or when the threat level is increased or if there are terror warnings specific to transit, Mulhern said.

That's what I mentioned in earlier posts, that the rules will go on ONLY if the terror lever goes up to either Orange or Red, but not the present yellow.

That seems to me to specifically allow that the searches may be started again at any time in the future randomly, not only when the terror alert level pops up again.
SbooX

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)