Green Line Change Postponed a Week

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Green Line Change Postponed a Week

Postby Diverging Route » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:21 pm

According to the http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/transitupdates.asp#green MBTA Web site, everything is put off a week.... last trip from Lechmere June 25; shuttle buses effective June 26; SuperStation opens June 28.

But they didn't fix the route table... it still has mislabled the (B) Route 821 as (C) 811 in the first line of the notice.
Diverging Route

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:38 pm

Any idea why the delay?
Ron Newman

Postby savebowdoin » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:07 pm

Does this mean that the buses will not start until next weekend?? The T's website is not entirely clear and is contradictory... It sounds like it could mean that just the terminals of the routes will change next weekend, but the shuttle will start today - i.e. B and C will still end at Gov't, D and E will end at the northernmost available point...
Im gonna call the T right now and find out what I can.

Also, if the end is tonight, then buses will start at 7:00 PM, NOT at the end of service like was originally thought, so those of you wanting to ride the last train should be there around 7:00PM, not at the end of the service day.

Mike
savebowdoin

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Everything is apparently postponed by a week. Here's the new MBTA press release. It says:

The shuttle buses had been scheduled to begin operating this weekend, but MBTA officials have decided that more time is necessary to test critical fire alarms and safety systems throughout the new "Super Station."

[/quote]
Ron Newman

Postby savebowdoin » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:18 pm

Ya, I called the Green Line chief to confirm and he said next week as well, though they do not know what day yet. Hopefully it will be Friday evening again, I won't be available Thursday or Friday morning!!

The T pulls another fast one on us all...

Mike
savebowdoin

Postby Ron Newman » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:31 pm

Since this requires a several-day-long shutdown to realign the tracks, I can't imagine they'd want to do this anytime other than a Friday evening. Otherwise you've got a weekday commute with no Green Line to North Station -- not fun.
Ron Newman

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:21 pm

this is excellent, i forgot to get a picture at the Science park stop, i only got the North Station stop pics, i completely forgot about the stop
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Postby Zaphod » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:42 pm

Awesome! I had gotten the dates wrong and thought Sunday would be the last day. I was going to miss the ride, but now I won't, although it won't be the last day.
Zaphod

Postby Robert Paniagua » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Awesome! I had gotten the dates wrong and thought Sunday would be the last day. I was going to miss the ride, but now I won't, although it won't be the last day.

That's fine, it's even better to not ride it on the VERY last day. Since you might end up getting caught in crowds, and that wouldn't be fun at all.
~Robert Paniagua
Moderator: WMATA :: General Railroad Operations
Robert Paniagua

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)