Airport Station Opening

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Postby trigonalmayhem » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:06 pm

I've been commuting to the airport every day for a couple weeks now, and there's something a little strange that I've noticed.

The station is handicapped accessible, right? elevators etc. to let people get to and from the platforms, etc.

But ... the massport shuttles to the airport, so far as I know, are not accessible. So if you're handicapped and get off at the airport station, you're trapped at it because massport seems not to care.

I know there's going to be another entrance on the other side eventually which might actually allow handicapped peoples to escape the station, but for now it's completely useless to them so far as I can tell.
trigonalmayhem

Postby Ron Newman » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:54 pm

The new airport station is entirely accessible. I thought that the shuttle buses were, too; are you sure they aren't?
Ron Newman

Postby trigonalmayhem » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:44 pm

Hm, According to their website they ARE wheelchair lift equipped.
I guess I just didn't see it? It seems like the kind of thing that would be hard to miss on those little buses, though.

It also says they have a seperate accessible van that you can call to have come get you.

On a different note, does anyone know when the other side of the airport station is going to be opened?
trigonalmayhem

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)