Barred door at DTX

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Barred door at DTX

Postby helium » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:07 am

On the northbound Orange line side, as you come up the escalator from the Red line, there is a door or tunnel on the right that is barred off. Where did this go?
helium

Postby savebowdoin » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:35 pm

I think that is just a barred off storage room, they keep a bunch of stuff in there. I don't think it goes anywhere, but I havent really looked in detail. I know there is a space for a retail/food outlet right in front of that on the NB Orange Line platform, maybe it is a rear access for that.

Mike
savebowdoin

Postby caduceus » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:34 pm

I took a quick look at this. I'm not sure about the retail/food outlet you are referring to - I didn't notice any sign of it.

It looks like it was possibly at one time a passage, but there is a wall there now, so the barred gate simply encloses a small area.

I know there used to be an entrance to Woolworths somewhere. I'm not even sure where Woolworths was, but my guess is it was what is now H&M, so I would have expected such an entrance to be at the other end of the platform where the elevator is.
First law of public transportation: You can never be early, but you can always be late.
caduceus

Postby BC Eagle » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:44 pm

Woolworths is now Marshalls and TJ Max.
BC Eagle

Postby caduceus » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:39 pm

Same building... :)
First law of public transportation: You can never be early, but you can always be late.
caduceus

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)