The Boston Rubber Shoe Co. owned property on both sides of the Boston and Maine Railroad's Portland Division (Western Route) Main Line in Melrose. A station known as Fells was established there about 1883 to serve the factory. The station building was last used on June 30, 1915 and dismantled the following day. Trains continued to stop there, however, until the factory closed on April 11, 1929 and operations transferred to the Edgeworth plant in Malden. The railroad stop was discontinued about 1929.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests