Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA3247 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:46 am

The Sperry car was in the siding at the East Braintree wye this morning.
"The destination of this train is [BEEP BEEP]" -announcement on an Ashmont train.
User avatar
MBTA3247
 
Posts: 2666
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:01 pm
Location: Milton

Re: GP9 904

Postby Komarovsky » Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 pm

drvmusic wrote:I was near the tracks in Weston today at work and heard the familiar rumble that told me a CR train was coming. To my surprise, GP9 904 comes rumbling by with a consist of small hopper cars. That made my day as I LOVE Geeps and have never seen that one in motion. It was on the Worcester line.

Anyone know if it's heading back in the other direction later so I can see it go by again?


Wouldn't be surprised if it makes another couple of trips in the next week or two, they're dumping ballast on the stretch of track where they're doing tie replacement between Southboro and Grafton.
Komarovsky
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby diburning » Sat May 17, 2014 10:56 am

Sperry car was sighted on the B&A (Worcester line) at CP33, 11:55PM today. Appeared to be heading eastbound although it was stopped.
User avatar
diburning
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Practicing safe CSX by using Three-Step Protection

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:03 pm

four car set floating around South side: 1119-827-833-824-1719 haven't seen a small train like this in quite some time...and also of note, all Old Colony based sets are maxed at 5 cars currently, with various set ups

also, for those interested in the Soccer match xtra set tonight...a train is operating as a double draft to Gillette stadium for Portugal vs. Mexico 6/6, set is 1055-5-1718-1533-5-1026...Train departed South Station at 6:35pm for Gillette via the Franklin Branch..No PVD section operated for this game
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby chrisf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Been a while since this thread was updated.
Tonight, the set with coach 1520 is running with the 1520 on the outbound end, and 1060 as the power, on the inbound side.
chrisf
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:35 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 am

chrisf wrote:Been a while since this thread was updated.
Tonight, the set with coach 1520 is running with the 1520 on the outbound end, and 1060 as the power, on the inbound side.


Amtrak was having issues in the TOWER 1 interlocking, they had replaced a puzzle slip switch over the weekend, and was acting up all morning, the Terminal was essentially cut in half. This required at least 4 sets to go out thru the WYE connector, then back into South Station, having locomotive on the Boston end, and control car facing WEST/SOUTH. I had one going to Needham, and so did the Wickford 1:45p train...The 2002 was facing Boston last night on 583/584. 1030, 1025,2002,1060 are the few sets off the top of my head that got reversed 6/30. Also of note, Amtrak was still working on the puzzle switch this morning, 7/1, and Readville DH moves were going down the Corridor to TRANSFER, (508E~~9:10a) then making a reverse move onto the Dorchester Branch to access Readville yard
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ACeInTheHole » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:38 am

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
chrisf wrote:Been a while since this thread was updated.
Tonight, the set with coach 1520 is running with the 1520 on the outbound end, and 1060 as the power, on the inbound side.


Amtrak was having issues in the TOWER 1 interlocking, they had replaced a puzzle slip switch over the weekend, and was acting up all morning, the Terminal was essentially cut in half. This required at least 4 sets to go out thru the WYE connector, then back into South Station, having locomotive on the Boston end, and control car facing WEST/SOUTH. I had one going to Needham, and so did the Wickford 1:45p train...The 2002 was facing Boston last night on 583/584. 1030, 1025,2002,1060 are the few sets off the top of my head that got reversed 6/30. Also of note, Amtrak was still working on the puzzle switch this morning, 7/1, and Readville DH moves were going down the Corridor to TRANSFER, (508E~~9:10a) then making a reverse move onto the Dorchester Branch to access Readville yard

In a way thats good for the 2002 to come in backward.. More people will get to see the new toy
User avatar
ACeInTheHole
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ck4049 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:32 am

The 2001 was also on a reversed set.
ck4049
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MetroBostonRailways » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:24 pm

ck4049 wrote:The 2001 was also on a reversed set.


So is one of the two MP36s,i believe 010. I saw it with a reversed consist today but didn't pull out my camera in time to film it
MetroBostonRailways
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby BandA » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 am

Did they pull the engine up to the terminal, or did they make folks walk further?
User avatar
BandA
 
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 am

BandA wrote:Did they pull the engine up to the terminal, or did they make folks walk further?


The sets were being pulled into the Terminal, don't want to have the diesels under the bus terminal
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby Diverging Route » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am

704 this morning, inbound from Franklin: (N) K-F-K-F-F-K-K (S)
User avatar
Diverging Route
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:35 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ns3010 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 am

Geometry testing began for the South Side this morning. Test extra with the AMTK 10002 (Corridor Clipper). Is doing the Old Colony Lines today.

9/27- OD 630AM
Out to Greenbush and back, followed by Kingston/Plymouth, then out to Middleboro and back.

9/28- OD 6:30AM
Out to Forge Park/495 via the Dorchester Branch and back to South Station, trip to Needham and run back to Forest Hills, then run out to Stoughton and return to SHSY via the Dorchester Branch.

9/29- OD7AM
Run out the Worcester Line to CP45 and then head to BET via the Grand Junction.


North Side testing will then take place on 9/30 and 10/1, then the car will be returned to Amtrak.



DISCLAIMER: Info is via a reliable source on another board, but is subject to change at any time.
User avatar
ns3010
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: MP 226.5

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby 8th Notch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Surprised none of you have noticed the consist for the south side wash train!
8th Notch
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ns3010 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 pm

8th Notch wrote:Surprised none of you have noticed the consist for the south side wash train!


...you mean how there may or may not be a screamer running on the South Side? :-)
User avatar
ns3010
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: MP 226.5

PreviousNext

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MBTA3247 and 5 guests