Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA1016 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 pm

I want to say yes but that's a guess on my part.
Josh.W
Formally mbta fan
WE ARE BOSTON, WE ARE BOSTON STRONG


Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/116905626@N06/
Blog: http://jpwilkinson2448.blogspot.com/?m=1
User avatar
MBTA1016
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Walpole MA

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 pm

WatertownCarBarn wrote:Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but 4/10 - 4/11 BET to Southampton will be by the Grand Junction correct?


That is the quickest, most commonly used way to get from the North side to the South side, via the Grand Junction....the other route is to go out to Ayer, MA, down to Worcester, MA and then back East to Boston, the later routing taking a few hours one way
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby GP40MC1118 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

The Geo will overnight at BET 4/09-4/11. And it will run 4/8 via the Grand Jct
to BET.

D
GP40MC1118
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:15 am

Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:34 pm

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ACeInTheHole » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:12 am

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"

Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol
User avatar
ACeInTheHole
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 am

ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"

Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol


We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby ACeInTheHole » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 pm

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"

Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol


We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro

Oh, Ok. I just thought there was a funny story associated with the facepalm bit
User avatar
ACeInTheHole
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby BigUglyCat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:12 pm

ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"

Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol


We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro

Oh, Ok. I just thought there was a funny story associated with the facepalm bit

Yes, me too. Are we talking about the same morning?
BigUglyCat
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: Belfast, ME

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:35 pm

BigUglyCat wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**


consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"

Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol


We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro

Oh, Ok. I just thought there was a funny story associated with the facepalm bit

Yes, me too. Are we talking about the same morning?


aaahhh yes yes, sorry, was quite exhausted yesterday...Amtrak Terminal was having heavy congestion problems in South Station, took us an hour and 10 minutes to get from the Front Yard in SHSY to South Station, it was a slow start to the day, but the rest of the day went swimmingly
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Geo car brought Southside this afternoon to be returned to Amtrak aprox 2pm from BET
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby nomis » Wed May 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Amtrak 193, one amfleet and Amtk 2 (the hiawithia), setup as "pull-pull" just departed NS presumably for the Grand Jct. As seen from my Eastern Route train .

PS. the section of track that has been OOS near A is back in service, but still showing some rust.
Moderator: Metro-North (with CDOT), Photography & Video

Avatar: An overnight trip on Girard Ave. stumbles upon 6 PCC's and an LRV stuck within two blocks.
User avatar
nomis
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm
Location: MRS 43 (was QA 9 & QB 2)

Re: Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

Postby MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:46 pm

nomis wrote:Amtrak 193, one amfleet and Amtk 2 (the hiawithia), setup as "pull-pull" just departed NS presumably for the Grand Jct. As seen from my Eastern Route train .

PS. the section of track that has been OOS near A is back in service, but still showing some rust.


The Portland Xtra arrived at South Station aprox. 4:50p on Track 3...They had to wait for us 5 pm'ers to head outta town before going over to Southampton St. Yard
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
 
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

GP9 904

Postby drvmusic » Thu May 08, 2014 9:01 am

I was near the tracks in Weston today at work and heard the familiar rumble that told me a CR train was coming. To my surprise, GP9 904 comes rumbling by with a consist of small hopper cars. That made my day as I LOVE Geeps and have never seen that one in motion. It was on the Worcester line.

Anyone know if it's heading back in the other direction later so I can see it go by again?
User avatar
drvmusic
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 am

Re: GP9 904

Postby GP40MC1118 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:45 am

It's on a stone train today. When done it'll head back to Beacon Park to drop the
hoppers, then back to Southampton Street Yard.

D
GP40MC1118
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests