The Best Technical Boston Streetcar Books !

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

The Best Technical Boston Streetcar Books !

Postby 3rdrail » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:14 pm

I was just strolling over at Ebay. Just to let you know that there is part of the set of "Streetcars of Boston" by O.R.Cummings for sale there on a "Buy-It-Know" for $9.99 per volume ! These volumes, written by car type, are the very best source of information about these cars. I feel very lucky to have the whole set as they are rare. Nobody writes them like O.R.Cummings ! I'm not associated with this sale in any way- just saw them and wanted to let you know.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STREETCAR-of-Bo ... 3a7e58a81d
~Paul Joyce~
[i]Moderator: Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam

Paul Joyce passed away in August, 2013. We honor his memory and his devotion at railroad.net.
3rdrail

Re: The Best Technical Boston Streetcar Books !

Postby Adams_Umass_Boston » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:23 pm

3rdrail wrote:I was just strolling over at Ebay. Just to let you know that there is part of the set of "Streetcars of Boston" by O.R.Cummings for sale there on a "Buy-It-Know" for $9.99 per volume ! These volumes, written by car type, are the very best source of information about these cars. I feel very lucky to have the whole set as they are rare. Nobody writes them like O.R.Cummings ! I'm not associated with this sale in any way- just saw them and wanted to let you know.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STREETCAR-of-Bo ... 3a7e58a81d

We have them at my library they are extremely good. I have been trying to obtain a complete collection. I am missing #4. That's okay, I like the hunt.
Adams_Umass_Boston

Re: The Best Technical Boston Streetcar Books !

Postby 3rdrail » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Rob- It's there ! The first three are in clumps. #'s 1-2-3. The second group is another page over- #4-5-6. The whole set is there- #1 - #6. At this price, they're not going to last long - Run ! hahaha!!!
~Paul Joyce~
[i]Moderator: Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam

Paul Joyce passed away in August, 2013. We honor his memory and his devotion at railroad.net.
3rdrail

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)