B Line stop elimination finalized

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

B Line stop elimination finalized

Postby octr202 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:38 am

Today Globe is reporting that the four closed stops on the B Line are now permanently closed:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/03/16/t_drops_4_green_line_stops_after_results_of_rider_survey/

T drops 4 Green Line stops after results of rider survey

By Mac Daniel, Globe Staff | March 16, 2005

The MBTA decided yesterday to permanently eliminate four stops on the traditionally slow B branch of the Green Line after a survey that some had hoped would save the stops backfired.

As of today, trolleys will no longer stop at Greycliff Road, Mount Hood Road, Summit Avenue, and Fordham Road, after almost 73 percent of the 1,142 riders surveyed indicated they wanted the stops gone.
Wondering if I'll see the Haverhill double-tracking finished before I retire...
Photo: Melbourne W7 No. 1019 on Route 78, Bridge & Church Streets, Richmond, Victoria. 10/21/2010
octr202

Location: In the land of the once and future 73 trackless trolley.

Postby AEM7AC920 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:03 pm

I just saw it on the news also with the face of a Breda Type 8 showing... :P Anyways I think it was a good idea to leave them closed because most of those stops are very close together and in good walking distance.
AMTRAK HAWK DETECTOR TRACK 1 NOOO DEFECTS OUT!
AEM7AC920

Postby iandavid » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:14 pm

Now all they need to do is close Blandford, BU Central, St. Paul, and Babcock. Or 3-track to Packard's Corner. But I'm sure I've already seen this argument a million times on this board, so I'll stop there.
iandavid

Postby jumbotusk » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:39 am

Now that those stops are closed, when will they change all of the signage?

A real transit system would do so quickly. The MBTA might never do so.
jumbotusk

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)