Cape Flyer

Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

Re: Cape Flyer

Postby Falmouth Secondary to Otis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 am

Latest Update on Cohasset Narrows RR Bridge reconstruction. Third span now in place with tie installation in progress should be ready for Train passage by Wednesday, as that has been the schedule lately.
Attachments
DSCF2578.JPG
3rd span in place
DSCF2581.JPG
3rd span in place
Falmouth Secondary to Otis

Postby malbojah » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 am

Falmouth Secondary to Otis wrote:Latest Update on Cohasset Narrows RR Bridge reconstruction. Third span now in place with tie installation in progress should be ready for Train passage by Wednesday, as that has been the schedule lately.

I hope Yarmouth Transfer Station can make it to Wednesday. I know nothing went through on Friday as the 3rd span was missing @ 330am

81RYyO.jpg
malbojah

Postby Falmouth Secondary to Otis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:05 pm

As long as Mass Coastal has provided Yarmouth & Otis transfer stations with enough empty cars they should make it. Also there is a possibility they may be able to run a train sooner than Wednesday, depending on weather conditions & work progress.

Postby Falmouth Secondary to Otis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Mass Coastal just passed through Pocasset / Cataumet @ 1:30 PM on its way out to Otis, so Cohasset Narrows Bridge is passable today. I would think that Yarmouth must have had a delivery / pick up as well.

Postby Falmouth Secondary to Otis » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:14 am

Drove by Cohasset Narrows Bridge this morning and due too the High winds the past few days the 4th span hasn't been installed yet. The crane is off the bridge waiting for the weather / wind conditions to improve.

Postby Falmouth Secondary to Otis » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 am

Stopped by Cohasset Narrows Bridge today and looks like contractor is getting ready to resume steel work as new beams are staged at the marina parking lot. 2 spans to complete and should be ready for the Cape Flyer season next month.
Attachments
DSCF2589.JPG
2 spans to go
DSCF2590.JPG
New Steel ready to install

Postby Safetee » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 pm

I see that the beams didn't travel by rail. Of course, there is no doubt that the Mass Coastal is overburdened with too much freight on the Cape lines.
Safetee

Previous

Return to Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)