What happened to MARC RPO car?

Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: Robert Paniagua, therock

What happened to MARC RPO car?

Postby wilwel1024 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Until recently a MARC liveried former railway post office car had been parked on Track 3 at Camden Station in Baltimore, Maryland. Where has it gone?
Bill Welch
wilwel1024

Re: What happened to MARC RPO car?

Postby polybalt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:27 pm

The MARC baggage car was recently donated to the B&O Railroad Museum and moved this week to the Museum property
Peter Schmidt
polybalt

Re: What happened to MARC RPO car?

Postby STrRedWolf » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:37 pm

polybalt wrote:The MARC baggage car was recently donated to the B&O Railroad Museum and moved this week to the Museum property

I wonder if it was paired with MARC Cab Unit 5100. We could have a travelling exhibit with a MARC IIa/b pair as well, if there's any left. (I wonder about any MARC I's.)
I ride the (MTA Maryland) Penn Line (between Odenton and Baltimore). I used to work for MTA Maryland's IT department, and out of professional courtesy my responses may be limited. Wikimapia is wonderful (for track/interlocking locations)!
STrRedWolf

Return to DC - Maryland - Virginia Area Passenger Rail: MTA(MARC), VRE, WMATA(Metro)