Grey Lady Tees Off

Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: Robert Paniagua, therock

Grey Lady Tees Off

Postby Gilbert B Norman » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 pm

...and she doesn't even live in The District.

But she has a well staffed Washington Bureau (likely larger than any other out of town media outlet), and those staffers certainly ride Metro:

http://nytimes.com/2016/11/08/us/washin ... metro.html

Fair Use:

WASHINGTON — Usually when people talk of dysfunction and gridlock in Washington, they mean the relationship between the White House and Congress.

But as a summer of closings, maintenance disruptions and chronic delays for the Metro in Washington continues into the fall, the nation’s second-busiest subway system has brought a painful new meaning to the words for a city awaiting a new president.

I defer to others to evaluate this article. To me, it has all the trappings of a human interest piece and does "not exactly" strike me as Pulitzer material.
Gilbert B Norman

Re: Grey Lady Tees Off

Postby MCL1981 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:13 am

I wasn't aware the NYT was a newspaper anymore. I thought it was an expensive opinion blog. As such, I wouldn't put much faith in anything it says. If they're right, it's probably just a coincidence.
MCL1981

Return to DC - Maryland - Virginia Area Passenger Rail: MTA(MARC), VRE, WMATA(Metro)