The East Side Access Project Discussion (ESA)

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

Re: The East Side Access Project Discussion (ESA)

Postby Head-end View » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Yeah, very interesting video. I especially liked the picture of what Mineola Station is expected to look like with the third track, at approx 7:35 in the video. I understand space is limited but LIRR is going to wish it would have built platform access to the middle track. :(
Head-end View

Postby MNCRR9000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:47 am

Seems like they are making pretty good progress interesting seeing the pictures of how the caverns and the terminal under GCT is really coming along.

From the September 24th LIRR Committe report
http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/docs ... Report.pdf
MNCRR9000

Postby njt/mnrrbuff » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:05 am

When East Side Access is completed, it will open up many doors for those who work on the East Side closer to Grand Central Terminal. I believe that there are several law firms that are much closer to Grand Central Terminal than to Penn Station. Not just for the sake of jobs, but sightseeing, for those people who are visiting museums on the Upper East Side, it will just be a matter of taking one subway ride to GCT.

When LIRR starts running to Grand Central Terminal, does anyone know what will be the approximate percentage of trains that will stop serving Grand Central Terminal? When trains are rerouted to Grand Central, this will help enable the MTA to add Metro North stations along Amtrak's Hellgate Line and start running Metro North trains to NYP, helping reduce the commute for many people who live in the East Bronx, especially Co-op City who need to go to Manhattan.
njt/mnrrbuff

Previous

Return to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR)